New Pictures On Toyota.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UltraFJ,

I love the new FJCruiser. No, it's not a Land Cruiser, so all the purists can piss off. Hardcore Rockcrawler? Not hardly. Show me a "hardcore" rockcrawler that was bought off the factory showroom floor. Not very many of those are there?

This thing is based upon a capable platform with solid drivetrain options. Toyota will sell a ton of these things, just like they sell a ton of their other models.

Anyone think their stock FJ40 can take my future FJCruiser?

Like ALL rigs, this one will benefit from AFTERMARKET support. Suspension, Tires, and Lockers and this thing will be a great moderate trail rig.

Can't someone with Photo shop skills put some BFG Krawler tires on it, make it look like it's lifted, and it needs an ARB front bar or a better front bumper. I would love to see those pictures.

I wish they would make several changes to it. I don't like the small side window and big pillar, wish it was offered in a high tech diesel, etc. etc.,.......At least we have something new to talk about here. The aftermarket will be hurrying to get theirs so they can start production on some new cool accessories for it.

If gas prices don't come down from their current record prices in the U.S., people are going to care more about fuel economy of it than it's off road capability. That would be a really good reason it should be offered in a diesel. It would set it apart from anything else currently in the U.S. market.

It would be fun to at least see one in person, and take it for a test drive.

FJ Cruiser on Krawlers???? Anyone????

New here and this is my first post so go easy on me please.

Yooper I reviewed the thread you posted that had all the pictures with some photo shop art work
done to the new FJ Cruiser...
Some real nice work!!!!

I like the short wheel base renditions best...

Back to the jest of this thread is what does a person like or not like on the future FJ?

As an outsider and a want to be Fj40 owner here is my 2 cents...

I like the idea of Access Door that was mentioned that I guess is on the side just behind
the main door...
Do I have that correct?

Some things that I like on the orig. FJ40 that this does not have is
the rear ambalance doors and the Removalble top..

The FJ40 has always caught my eye as a all business go anywhere Rig.
It does not blend in with anything else on the road like so many current
vehicles do.

Any way still looking for that FJ40 or FJ45

That's my 2 cents

Ron D

Bryan E said:
...wish it was offered in a high tech diesel, etc. etc.,.......At least we have something new to talk about here. The aftermarket will be hurrying to get theirs so they can start production on some new cool accessories for it.

If gas prices don't come down from their current record prices in the U.S., people are going to care more about fuel economy of it than it's off road capability. That would be a really good reason it should be offered in a diesel. It would set it apart from anything else currently in the U.S. market.

It would be fun to at least see one in person, and take it for a test drive.

Gas prices aren't going to drive the decission making process at Toyota Corporate. First of all, they don't offer a US diesel because of the expense. They'd have to retool what they've got to pass US emissions, or create a US only diesel. The profits from doing all of that R&D wouldn't make up the cost in what has proven to be a niche market here. US buyers look at initial purchase cost over God only knows how many other variables, and diesels always cost more (compare the cost of a diesel Dodge, GM or Ford product to their gasser cousins to see what I mean). If a person wants to buy a big vehicle that gets poor milage, $2.50 a gallon still isn't enough to offset the initial purchase price, so why bother?

Basically it boils down to this: fuel buying is the responsibility of the person who buys the car, not the company that makes the car. Also, this is the sort of vehicle that fits a market - just like the Scion - that is very specific. They're not going after the hard-core wheeler, they're not going after the minivan mom, they're not going after the guy who needs a reliable work truck; they're going after the Xterra buyer. That's a market that's young, has a disposable income, probably no kids, is somewhat educated and likes to think of themselves as 'active' and wants the goods and services that they buy to reflect that. (Which is funny, when I look at the person behind the wheel of the Xterra when I'm out and about, it's some young guy with emmaculate hair or a chubby girl in her mid 20s...) --they are also less likely to be that concerned with gas prices - if they want that vehicle, they'll buy it regardless. This is an emotional buyer, a buyer who will budget his or her life around a major purchase like a car, not create a budget and buy a vehicle based on that budget.

Honestly, Toyota probably has an idea as to how many of these things they're going to sell. Any product you see on the market today - any durable good at least - is produced in specific numbers on a month-by-month basis, and the numbers are driven by forecasts. They know where they're going to sell them, how many to ship out, and what months will be hot for sales. This vehicle is a new body on an established platform. They know how many they need to sell to make the numbers work - it's probably not going to be that many - and if you think they're going to try to sell this thing to a guy who drives and FJ40, a 60, an 80 - even a 100, well, you might want to rethink your position.

Even if they run at a loss on these, they're likely to be happy with the press and exposure they get from releasing something "radically different" into the market, or how many people they'll get onto the lots just to look at 'em.

Face it, basically it's a Tacoma with a different body. Is that bad? No. But it is not, and does not claim to be, a Land Cruiser.
I like that 'near flat windshield' is hawked as a feature; I personally have grown to hate the shallow slope, aerodynamically positioned windshields that do such a great job of reflecting the top of the dashboard.
On the other hand, I'm disappointed to see that they're pushing the power-window/tinted-glass/power-door-lock herion. Oh well, can't win them all.

Ron D said:
I like the idea of Access Door that was mentioned that I guess is on the side just behind
the main door...
Do I have that correct?

Some things that I like on the orig. FJ40 that this does not have is
the rear ambalance doors and the Removalble top..

Ron D

Amby doors are cool because they are different. They are a PIA to see out of. You won't see them on a US vehicle.

Dirk Diggler said:
The roof rack looks terrible. Definitely needs OME and 33's and some other colors besides Smurf and Tonka.

If they are doing mustard and smurf, two of the ugliest colors ever offered in a 40, then they gotta be looking at Freeborn Red. :D

I'm likin the new pics.

25 years from now our children will be driving these, making fun of the new Toyota's and looking at the 40 like I look at the Willy's Jeep.

Funny how people can rant within the same brand. Really funny.

Gas prices aren't going to drive the decission making process at Toyota Corporate. First of all, they don't offer a US diesel because of the expense. They'd have to retool what they've got to pass US emissions, or create a US only diesel. The profits from doing all of that R&D wouldn't make up the cost in what has proven to be a niche market here. ... If a person wants to buy a big vehicle that gets poor milage, $2.50 a gallon still isn't enough to offset the initial purchase price, so why bother?

The biggest setback to Euro/JDM diesels has been the high sulphur content and the low fuel prices on this side of the pond. In 2007 the sulphur content will be greatly reduced and the last time I checked, fuel prices were approaching Euro levels.

Canada is poised to have a diesel invasion in 2007 greater than that of the '80s. Most vehicles sold here have JDM/EDM diesels counterparts. There's no retooling or great expense, it's purely marketing. I'm sure that somewhere in the world there is a Taco (Hilux) with a diesel. So it would be plug and play to replace the 4.0 L V6 with a 2.4 L TD sold in Japan / Europe.

If it will sell to will be done!

calamaridog said:
Nice first post Troll:rolleyes:
Here's my first post:

Nerds, relax.

I may very well buy one of these. And use it exclusively on the local roads. In fact, if it gets dirty, I'll be pretty pissed. It will attend many soccer practices. It will haul many groceries. I won't put my dogs in it until the "new" smell wears off. I have no idea what difference a solid axel makes. I don't even know what the hell a bezel is.

In fact, I am considering this vehicle or a Honda Element.

I think some of you need to relax and just face reality. Many people just like me will be buying these vehicles. You guys are sort of off on your own little island and your rants just aren't very pertinent.

Having said that, in context I think your community is great. All the old Land Cruisers seem like great trucks. Honest trucks. But your rants and criticisms are simply misguided. I'm pretty sure Toyota isn't going to introduce some retro FJ40 with no modern advances incorporated. Hate to break it you guys.

roadeyes said:
Here's my first post:

Nerds, relax.

I may very well buy one of these. And use it exclusively on the local roads. In fact, if it gets dirty, I'll be pretty pissed. It will attend many soccer practices. It will haul many groceries. I won't put my dogs in it until the "new" smell wears off. I have no idea what difference a solid axel makes. I don't even know what the hell a bezel is.

I think some of you need to relax and just face reality. Many people just like me will be buying these vehicles. You guys are sort of off on your own little island and your rants just aren't very pertinent.

Having said that, in context I think your community is great. All the old Land Cruisers seem like great trucks. Honest trucks. But your rants and criticisms are simply misguided. I'm pretty sure Toyota isn't going to introduce some retro FJ40 with no modern advances incorporated. Hate to break it you guys.

I guessing this probably wasnt the best first post....

One thing about Cruiser people is they are not `nerds.' I am a nerd: I have spent my career in the finer points of Unix kernel tuning, interested in radio propagation, programming languages and their esoteric sytax and semantics. One of my college degrees is Mathematics.

Also being part of this community in parts, we as a whole are the furthest from nerds. Those who consider us nerds are also those who we may possibly consider `sheep,' herded around by marketing departments, air conditioning, and the uber-suburban lifestyle.

We're a small loyal group who know we're in the minority. SUVs are popular in large part due to enthusiasts like us through the last decades, the `outdoor'-lifestyle is popular in part because of people like us, the marketing departments of automobile manufacturers glorify (and mock) us in what they sell.

Thing is, we don't accept reality the way its given to us: one day you will see an FJ Cruiser lifted about 4 inches, running larger tires, with off-road body armor and many people who are NOT us will think ``that's cool,'' and the cycle repeats.

roadeyes said:
Here's my first post:

Nerds, relax.

No offense roadeyes; you should buy the Element!

starbuck drinking ass pirate

roadeyes said:
Here's my first post:

Nerds, relax.

you left out giving head in your new FJ behind the grocery store to the soccer coach. I am willing to bet you're familiar with a different kind of "solid axle", you homo.

What was this thread supposed to be about???? :confused:

:flipoff2:

Doug

beaufort-fj60 said:
you left out giving head in your new FJ behind the grocery store to the soccer coach. I am willing to bet you're familiar with a different kind of "solid axle", you homo.

happy001.gif
NTTAWWT

beaufort-fj60 said:
Your fellow board members must be proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom