New owner with a few questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a 1976 FJ40 and have a couple of questions for you guys. This isn't my first 40 - I had a 79 model a few years ago and have regretted selling it every day. I finally found a suitable replacement - virtually rust free from Oregon. 4" lift w/ shackle reversal and a chevy 350 conversion. My focus is to get all the weatherstripping replaced and enjoy driving it. I need some help from you guys though.

I'm looking to find the correct bolt size to fill the holes on my firewall (see pics below). I can't remember what was originally attached there.

The original grommet for the throttle linkage is still in the firewall, but I don't need the hole in the grommet, so I'm curious if someone has found an oval plug to fill the firewall hole where the grommet is?

Is there any way to replace the grommets that the wiring passes through the firewall in without pulling the entire chassis harness?

I believe you can still buy the large w/w grommets for the firewall.

Thanks guys. I know I can still get the grommets for the wiring harness. The question is do I have to pull the chassis harness in order to replace them?

Bump.

Anyone know if the 2 wiring grommets are the same size (driver and passenger side)?

Still looking for an oval plug to fill in where the throttle linkage boot is.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom