New owner of LJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I am a new owner of a LJ70LV-MNXW 1987. It’s in great condition except some electrical modifications that were badly done … since I got the vehicle, i changed the filter/oil, fuel filter , repaired broken wires for tail light and plate lights, modified side turn signal to support both turn and position functions as requested by my local registration office. I will soon change the timing belt…

Changing the fuel filter, i realised that the previous owner has cut the sensor wire at the base of the sediment retainer…I ordered a new one on partsouq hopefully the right one… but I have not yet found the receiving connector for the sensor. I hope the previous owner did not cut that one as well… if anyone knows where to look please let me know …

4A2BF582-166C-42C1-9FE4-67787BB6BBE0.jpeg

Welcome.
Nice showroom picture 🙃 I guess we are all curious for some more pics.

I'm not overall familiar with the 2LT (I own a BJ73 3B), but probably the fuel sedimenters are identical. But you say your wiring is at the base (bottom) ? 🤔
At least the harness should be same. Wires are two: WB (white black) and GO (green orange). At my rig the connector comes out of the harness next to the firewall, together with the wiper motor wiring.
Here is a pic of mine. Maybe that helps.
Cheers Ralf

20230105_203608.jpg

Welcome.
Nice showroom picture 🙃 I guess we are all curious for some more pics.

I'm not overall familiar with the 2LT (I own a BJ73 3B), but probably the fuel sedimenters are identical. But you say your wiring is at the base (bottom) ? 🤔
At least the harness should be same. Wires are two: WB (white black) and GO (green orange). At my rig the connector comes out of the harness next to the firewall, together with the wiper motor wiring.
Here is a pic of mine. Maybe that helps.
Cheers Ralf

View attachment 3211237

Thanks for the reply! I will look at it today and come back with more if I find the connector. In the mean time here are some more pictures…

7E10980F-0FAE-4FB6-9280-07FA46FCC7BD.jpeg

5A93355F-88BB-41F6-BE6D-A3E85579740A.jpeg

60DEB7A7-BD3B-4166-8E67-F1AB500A6D46.jpeg

195EB237-4501-4D27-B0C7-E89BE66F5FF1.jpeg

Thank you for sharing the pictures. A really nice rig.
It always takes some time to learn about all the hidden secrets and flaws the POs left behind with such a rig and get those fixed.
Enjoy! Ralf

It always takes some time to learn about all the hidden secrets and flaws the POs left behind with such a rig and get those fixed.
Enjoy! Ralf
Couldn’t agree more ! It’s a great project !

Enjoy! Ralf
Boy, that thing is clean! Beautiful truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom