New owner checking in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a near perfect bone stock 94 a few months back. I have just been enjoying it and figuring out its quirks. Its almost time to start working on it as I sold my old EB rock crawler.

Couple weird issues I would like to get some help on.

1. When I turn the cruise on, it wont work, unless I click it up for resume, then I can click it down for set. Otherwise it flashes and turns off. I did some searching, and it sounds like i need to hook it to a code reader for find out exactly whats going on, correct?

2. Ignition- every once in a while when starting it, it will just click, and I have to cycle the key a few times and it will start. Its not a connection problem at starter or battery. My suspicion is the ignition switch is going out. Sound correct?

Plans upcoming: New Clarion deck (double din or whatever) with large screen for movies and bluetooth and all that. New pioneer speakers I found searching on here, couple of other gadget add ons.

Next week-

OME 2.5 kit minus shocks. I think Ill fab up whatever is needed after flexing it to add some fox smooth body shocks that i can tune.

35" MTRs and new wheels

ARBs front and rear, need to figure out which gears will work best

Ill start fabbing up front and rear bumpers and sliders as time permits and hang the winch, some lights, and build a rack up top.

Motor has about 225k on it, runs great. Anything I should hit up right now? PHH? I read up on it, but still a little unclear. Radiator? Pull head and be proactive or wait and see if its ever a problem?

Thanks!

Welcome :flipoff2:

sounds like a bad connection at the battery or starter. Check those first. Highly doubt ignition switch.

I'm no cruise control expert. I never use mine.

With 35's go 4.88

PHH yes, pull head as PM no.

Change out all the fluids, plugs, wires, dist cap/rotor. Normal tune up stuff

Take a look through the FAQ section. A ton of great info. As far as the phh goes, a lot of folks do it a pm and there are several good write ups on it here. I just did mine and it was a phh for sure but take your time and it'll be fine. Can't really speak on the ignition or cruise issues. Might want to give your ground wires a good looking at. Take a look at the knuckles to see their condition and pm all your fluids. I wouldn't pull the head unless you feel it's needed and would send an oil sample to blackstone to see if you have head gasket issues. Radiator, thermostat and cooling flush would be a good idea as well. The list will get bigger before it gets smaller. Just chip away as time and money are available. Set boundaries for how much you let it drain your bank acct and enjoy the heck out of it. Their great rigs that withstand a ton of abuse.
Paul
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/faq-for-80-lx450-nov-2013-added-shaky-mirror-fix.84888/

Installed new clarion deck and speakers, cdl switch. Be time for lift and lockers as soon as they show up. Removing running boards in prep for building new sliders

1412450369547.jpg

Welcome :flipoff2:

sounds like a bad connection at the battery or starter. Check those first. Highly doubt ignition switch.

I'm no cruise control expert. I never use mine.

With 35's go 4.88

PHH yes, pull head as PM no.

Change out all the fluids, plugs, wires, dist cap/rotor. Normal tune up stuff
I couldn't find anything obvious do I pulled every connection, cleaned and reinstalled. Well see what happens.

4.88s ordered. Will do the phh this winter.

Anything special on putting a remote starter in? Don't care about a aftermarket alarm. Searched but didn't come up with anything, assuming that means its not a big deal.

Lots to do, happy to tinker with this thing. Ordered new vc120 canister after seeing the symptoms I have match up with needing to replace it.

Ordered up the wheels, ordering new 315x70x17 duratracs tomorrow. Lift was ordered, with ARBs and compressor. Gears on the way, think Im good to go.

wheel.JPG

Took longer than I wanted, but my oldest boy and I finally got the lift installed last weekend. Gears and lockers, brakes next weekend...

1422307523094.jpg

1422307540134.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom