New member (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Copied what I posted in the 80 section. Hello all! Hope it’s ok to post this here. Somewhat new to land cruisers. Always had Toyota’s. I have recently purchased an 80. The truck it’s self is a 91 and the motor is a 1hdt swap from overseas. From what I’ve learned so far it also has axles from 93+. The swap was done by bill (not positive last name) from georgia. He has been on mud for many years and has done everything he can to help me so far. Tackling some regular maintenance then looking forward to enjoying it. Hoping this can be a helpful place in the future for identifying parts as it is a swap that was done years ago. Thanks!

17EE9D2C-6A33-4753-ADE6-D74D0DA29971.jpeg

I may be out of luck but worth a shot asking. I am having issues when refueling the truck. It will pump just a bit and cut off, let off handle, try again and do the same. I see one spot on the filler tube that looks almost smashed up a bit by a bracket. Could this be my issue. I have yet to try to fill since finding this as truck is down for steering gear box work right now. Does anyone know if diesel tubes are larger than gasoline? If I remove the hanger/bracket will that be an issue? The frame is directly under an inch or so... thanks!

I do not have pics right now but can take some later today

Does anyone know if diesel tubes are larger than gasoline?
On other models they are the same size, only the filler hole varies in size with diesel being the biggest. The bowser detects back pressure, so any obstruction may cause it to shut off. It really needs pics of this hanger /bracket you speak of, but unless its crushing the rubber tube, it shouldnt be an issue.
I usually pull the bowser nozzle out a bit as it gets close to full, so it doesnt get back pressure and shut the pump off.

On other models they are the same size, only the filler hole varies in size with diesel being the biggest. The bowser detects back pressure, so any obstruction may cause it to shut off. It really needs pics of this hanger /bracket you speak of, but unless its crushing the rubber tube, it shouldnt be an issue.
I usually pull the bowser nozzle out a bit as it gets close to full, so it doesnt get back pressure and shut the pump off.
Gotcha. I actually looked at it and it doesn’t seem to be the issue. Mine does it the entire time I am pumping not just when it gets full. Thanks for response though

The filler opening on a diesel should be quite a bit larger than on a gas model, so it could be a little restrictive if the filler neck wasn't swapped out. Also, an improperly vented tank will cause the filler neck to back up and trigger the pump shutoff.

In Australia, if you dont have a diesel filler hole, you cant get the pump spout into the petrol filler. Its just too big. When I did a diesel conversion, I had to carry a funnel around to add diesel until I found a BJ70 with the diesel filler.
I never put the pump spout all the way in to allow air to escape. Some pumps have more sensitive pressure sensing than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom