New Member Intro - 2013 LX570 - Also an AHC Alert!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope you're on the mend! I'm also in the southeast so trying to figure out if this is an actual issue or not.
Thanks - doing much better! At this point, I'm about halfway afraid to even have it serviced for fear of disaster haha!

It's things like this that make me truly wonder just how much of an issue the fluid issue is, or if this is just some poorly completed maintenance by a bad tech. The fact that multiple people have had similar issues across different parts of the country make it even stranger to me.
It’s not fluid. There are plenty of 570s rolling around with 6 digit mileage on original AHC fluid. It’s incompetent mechanics.

Bleeding AHC is easier than bleeding brakes.

After my experience with my ahc failing after the dealer flush and not having my truck for a month while it got worked out, I do not plan on flushing mine again. I’m gonna run with the current fluid for the next 100k miles. Too many people here have had this issue, some at dealers some while doing it at home. There is some issue that Lexus/Toyota is either not aware of or doesn’t have answers too. I do not believe that it is incompetent mechanics.

longo of lexus gave me an update today. the new pump they ordered didn’t fix the issue (the pump was not maintaining pressure) so they’re ordering another new pump and getting new engineers to look at my rig. something is going on here that lexus isn’t sharing with me whether it’s the fluid, incompetent techs or unclear playbook on the fluid flush.

Last edited:
longo of lexus gave me an update today. the new pump they ordered didn’t fix the issue (the pump was not maintaining pressure) so they’re ordering another new pump and getting new engineers to look at my rig. something is going on here that lexus isn’t sharing with me whether it’s the fluid, incompetent techs or unclear playbook on the fluid flush.
The more I read into recent AHC issues, the less sense it all makes to me. Amazing that with those new components, including the pump, that the dealer can't get this corrected. As you said, it really makes you wonder just what is happening with these AHC system maintenance repair failures as of recent. I'm honestly debating trying to ride on the original AHC fluid now. I'm just shy of 100k miles on the original fluid, but I question is it even worth trying to do this maintenance item given the headache others are experiencing.

This almost reminds me of the mid-90's turbo car era where all the dealerships had about 1-2 gurus that truly understood the vehicles and their quirks (prior to the modification tuning world we live in now), but everyone else at the dealer seemed to do more harm than good when they tried repairs.

The more I read into recent AHC issues, the less sense it all makes to me. Amazing that with those new components, including the pump, that the dealer can't get this corrected. As you said, it really makes you wonder just what is happening with these AHC system maintenance repair failures as of recent. I'm honestly debating trying to ride on the original AHC fluid now. I'm just shy of 100k miles on the original fluid, but I question is it even worth trying to do this maintenance item given the headache others are experiencing.

This almost reminds me of the mid-90's turbo car era where all the dealerships had about 1-2 gurus that truly understood the vehicles and their quirks (prior to the modification tuning world we live in now), but everyone else at the dealer seemed to do more harm than good when they tried repairs.
Bleeding AHC is idiot proof. So many videos online of how to do it too. DIY FTW.

Yep. Keep the areas clean. Your tools clean. Keep fluid in the reservoir at all times. Profit.
These folks are running it out of fluid, sucking 10 years of accumulated crap Into the filters. Then they have to swap the pump, which Is not self priming, which leads to a full prime bleed cycle that never ends.
So easy to prevent but pretty challenging to fix.

Do you guys really think that the techs at the dealers are screwing up that bad? If the job is" idiot proof" I would think that these guys would be able to do it. The dealer that had all the issues with mine has done the AHC flush many times. I don't know what is causing these issues but I doubt it is purely mechanical incompetence by dealerships, but who knows.

Do you guys really think that the techs at the dealers are screwing up that bad? If the job is" idiot proof" I would think that these guys would be able to do it. The dealer that had all the issues with mine has done the AHC flush many times. I don't know what is causing these issues but I doubt it is purely mechanical incompetence by dealerships, but who knows.
yes. I don't even trust the "techs" at the dealer to perform basic oil changes.

techs; foreman/ service advisors = all bunch of idiots! all they are good for is sucking air! worthless!

my toyota service foreman has 40 years of sXXking his bosss DXXK!

I do all of my own work! Never allow any mullet head idiots touch my toyotas or Lexus!

Only common thing is the fluid. Start checking for cloudy fluid from new containers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom