New member in the Tacoma area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And my fxxxing keyboard sucks so I keep dropping letters when I'm typing.

Is the lock like stuck on or something? does the handle feel like the rest or like when they are locked or does it have resistance?

didnt hear the whole story, Joe just said sounded like you got something too hot? I would think electrical maybe if you didnt disconnect the battery which I never do but they say you should when welding.

It feels the same as the rest, locks/unlocks and ****. I didn't disconnect the battery when I was welding (maybe I should have). When I was pounding on the inner release part that's physically holding on to the anchor attached to the body, it wouldn't let go. It should have been the only thing holding on to the door frame.

I don't know what I did, maybe there's a safety measure I triggered... which doesn't make sense, I don't know what would make it lock the ****ing doors. I just think that because if I lock the doors electrically, they immediatly unlock as soon as I push the button. Possible something got too hot, but I looked at that area from the back, no sign of heat, plus it was before I welded on the door, just the holes fairly close to it. Probably going to use a cutting wheel, remove the section over the latch and then break that off too, since I'm on such a roll. I'll wait until I find a color matched door, though... It will save me a lot of time. The bed liner stuff came out nice, at least. When the outer coat is dry, I'm going to do the door sills too.

By the way Kyle, I'd like to get your tools back to you before I go on vacation, I'd feel better about that than keeping them for so long.

One guy I believe successfully pulled the interior panel and then worked the mech from the inside, something must have broke in there.

Yea you wanna swing the tools by my work tomorrow? I will be there from 7 to 8am but you can leave them with the receptionist if you need to as well.

Maybe this will help. This happened to me when I 1st got my truck.
1: climb threw the hatch area.
2: unbolt the screws from chair on broken side door
3: disassemble door panels
4: peel clear plastic from door by locking mechanism
5: try to unlock mechanism manually.

Put back in reverse order.

My mechanism went south, so I just replaced it. Better this way than chopping up your door

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

I won't be able to come by and drop off the tools until Wendesday, and I'll have to leave them with your receptionist hopefully around noon. Sorry.

I tried triggering the latch exactly like that, didn't work. It's very strange.

Well, I'm back from my vacation. I got my driver side rear door all fixed up, just have to put the weather stripping on later today. Got the rear passenger side open finally, now just need to order another latch, and exterior handle (possibly). I have to wait about three weeks for the paint to fully cure before I can tape and coat the lower driver side with bed liner, so right now I'm rolling around with one side coated, the other uncoated haha. Got new tires and black steel wheels to mount today as well, and a buyer for my factory alloys. :) I hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving!

Thanks, I got some Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs in the same 285/75 size as before. Wanted some pro comp M/Ts but kind of changed my mind at the last minute. Now I just need to order a new door mechanism from cruiser parts, and that will be my next project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom