New Member #554 Jarod Knights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the club Jarod!

Welcome!

Hello and thank you all for the welcome!

It's me, the wife, and our ten year old daughter. Been taking my daughter to Bass Pro for a few years on Sundays to feed the fish, watch the big tank feed, sometimes lunch. I hunt anything I want to eat and can get drawn for, and hoping I can get her into it too. I pay bills by being the director of quality assurance for an aircraft parts company, and I also work on Harleys under the name Fast Lane Choppers. We had a shop in Tucson, but once I got married and had a kid I had to pay real bills and couldn't live in my shop anymore.

In my previous 4x4 life I had a '79 Cherokee 2 door, 360 and a 727 tranny on 37" Pit Bull Rockers, 9 inches of lift, air lockers, 4.56 yukon gears. I separated the tranny from the quadratrac transfer case one day and that was that.

Wanted the 4x4 again after not getting up a couple hills on last years deer hunt. I have been looking at Cruisers for a while, but wasn't in a position to get one. The opportunity presented itself at the right time just before Christmas so I bought myself a present. The kid I bought it from pulled it from someones backyard, and did enough work to sell it to me.

92 3FE, 233K at this point. I don't think the motor has been apart. I drove it home with basically no brakes, both axles leaking, Drivers window stuck open about two inches, the loosest steering I have ever felt and was told that if I stopped for gas it might not start back up. It had Pro Comp chrome wheels that were roached and 3 different types of bald tires and various missing interior pieces.

I have since replaced:
EFI relay (someone put a ford relay in and had removed it from the fuse box already), no more fail to start.
Rear brake drums, shoes, cylinders, hardware kit, and LSPV, rear axle seal on the drivers side.
Wheels and tires, Falken Off Roads with Bridgestones.
Inner tie rod ends between pitman and knuckle to take most of the slop, 555's from cruiser outfitters.
Front Bumper

Next:
adjust valves, front axle, inner seal on one side, wiper seals, knuckle and wheel bearings, but I may wait until I can buy longfields to put in at the same time to kill the clicking. I also want to go to 285's and then possibly a lift if things work out, but mechanical first.

I have replaced the drivers door switch, and after reading a ton on Mud about the windows I went out and manhandled the drivers window until it moved a little, I hit the button, and after that it has not stopped working since. It was just jammed in a spot where the motor wouldn't start.

The door panels were crusty so I picked up a pair for the front from a guy up north, put in Pioneer 6.5", surface mounted. Also picked up a few various missing interior pieces.

Now that this thing is getting better I can't wait to get back out wheeling.

At the moment the one thing I don't do is AC work and I want to have it ready for summer because it is my DD. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks again! Will post more pics when I get a chance!

IMG_5376.JPG
IMG_5595.JPG
IMG_5628.JPG
IMG_5613 2.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG

Great writeup on how you got here. Welcome aboard!

:cheers:

Welcome Jarod,
I would contact Scott Higgins over at Avid. He made the AC in my 60 run and if he can do that then he certainly can get yours running.
Jason

Welcome Jarod,
I would contact Scott Higgins over at Avid. He made the AC in my 60 run and if he can do that then he certainly can get yours running.
Jason

Thanks WF! Will do once this craziness is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom