New member 2017 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker on this site, enjoying reading the various posts and looking at the incredible builds.
Vehicle is in the shop now (getting bumper replaced after someone rear-ended it). Pics to follow.

Don't forget to start that build thread we talked about on your rig! I'm looking forward to see how it comes along! 👍

OK, been out for the holidays and trying to get back on the horse here and do a build thread.
All of the work was done by Toy Crawlers (Home - ToyCrawlers) and they did an excellent job and explained everything completely, which was very helpful as I do not have the level of mechanical skill required to do what they did.

Suspension:
Toytec Boss 3" lift
Toytec HD rear coils

RCI skid plates

Tires:
Michelin LTX AT2 - LT275/70/18

Metal Tech 4x4 Tiger Shark Stage 3 front bumper with Smittybilt 9.5K winch:

gxfront 1.jpg

gxfrontside.jpg

Metal Tech 4x4 Lancer Stage 3 rear swing out bumper with Hi-Lift jack and Rampage jerry cans / tool boxes and tire cover for full sized spare and Tyger Hitch Armor/Step:

gxrear.jpg
gxrear7.jpg

Also, miscellaneous decals and some conspicuity/safety tape, which has helped with visibility and avoiding getting run into while both on and off road after dark, which adds a little perceived peace of mind. :)

I'm very happy with the end result and quality of Toytec and Metal Tech, and the vehicle drives/rides great and feels rock solid, which is important as it's my daily driver and I have already had many people asking about/complimenting on the enhancements, so that certainly helps makes it more enjoyable.

Welcome to your new home of all things 150! (Well, there are a couple of other websites also, but... That's another link.)
BTW, I really like my MetalTech bumpers, both front and rear. Not sure how far you want to take your build but plenty of ideas to spend your hard earned money on here: 150-Series Toyotas ;)
If you want to go more extreme for overlanding, you may want to take a peek at my build thread: Builds - R2M 2013 GX460 Overland Build

Awesome looking rig. Looking at your front bumper for mine. Looking for real world experience. Any issues or concerns about the way the bumper is cut it leaves the cv boot and suspension fully exposed? Thanks

Awesome looking rig. Looking at your front bumper for mine. Looking for real world experience. Any issues or concerns about the way the bumper is cut it leaves the cv boot and suspension fully exposed? Thanks

I have been off road in various terrains without issue, and even though I have skid plates front to back, there are some unprotected areas. I don't like the exposed areas either, and even though the hoses and stuff are tucked in and would need to be hit at an unusual angle to get damaged, it is still possible and I have to always consider it when off-roading. It would be nice to have something from MetalTech or a metal fabricator to add-on, but I am still looking.
I originally looked at the Dobinsons front bumper and it does have less exposed areas, fyi.
Hope this helps.

I too have the same bumper, albeit on a 2013, and I have concerns about the washer hoses on the passenger side. I've been meaning to add a small plate to protect them but just haven't had the time yet. So far, with pretty extensive off road use, it has not been an issue. Not sure if I'm chalking that up to luck or it really isn't an issue. I still plan on adding a plate to cover that area. Just not sure when...

I too have the same bumper, albeit on a 2013, and I have concerns about the washer hoses on the passenger side. I've been meaning to add a small plate to protect them but just haven't had the time yet. So far, with pretty extensive off road use, it has not been an issue. Not sure if I'm chalking that up to luck or it really isn't an issue. I still plan on adding a plate to cover that area. Just not sure when...

Agreed, Richard. If you come up with something, please advise, sir!

Agreed, Richard. If you come up with something, please advise, sir!
When I do, I'll be posting on my build thread. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom