New LX-470 Fiasco - Need To Vent (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

greynolds said:
I called the dealer this afternoon to see if there was an update. Not sure why they hadn't called yet (well, maybe I am but I don't want to think negative thoughts), but I'm scheduled to pick up the brand new LX tomorrow at 11AM. Hopefully this one will go better than the first one did :). I'll post an update after I've picked it up tomorrow.

I'm definitely pretty psyched about finally picking it up, but the fun part of buying a new car has kind of been spoiled by this experience, at least for now. I'm sure once I've had it for a few days, I'll start to put the negative experience behind me, but I certainly don't see myself buying from the Ira Motor Group again.

Thanks to all for the advice, help, and encouragement in dealing with this mess. It's been a pretty frustrating month+, but this forum has certainly helped make it easier.

:beer:

Congrat's think of it as getting two new LX's in 2 months and try to forget the stuff inbetween :)

Post #100 and it's happy news.

I took delivery of my replacement 2006 LX-470 from the dealer today.

Delivery was nice and quick - they just had a few pieces of paperwork I had to sign, gave me the keys, had me look the vehicle over and sign the form indicating there's no damage to the vehicle, and spent a few minutes making sure I hadn't forgotten too many of the important features while I've been waiting. I was in and out of the dealership in under 30 minutes. Despite the hassle it's been, they really did make an effort today to smooth things over a bit - not by giving me any freebies, but by making the delivery as quick, pleasant, and painless as they possibly could.

A little while after I got home, the salesman called me to tell me he found my swiss army knife I had apparently left in the first LX. He offered to have it mailed to me, but I decided to drive up and get it - easy miles (no traffic) on the new vehicle and a nice chance to make sure everything is working properly. So far everything seems to be working properly and the air bag warning light isn't blinking :).

I asked about the problem with my first vehicle. The salesperson said they haven't been able to duplicate the problem again after resetting the warning code again and they have no idea if the GuidePoint install was or was not what caused it to begin with. Given that they never found out what caused the problem, I'm really glad to be out of that LX, though I'm not sure I wish it on anyone else as it could turn into a headache for them.

First modification was to remove the 3rd row seats and install the Weathertech cargo liner that's been sitting around for the past several weeks. After I cut out the holes for the cargo tie downs, it fit like a glove and allows me to still use the cargo net.

Interestingly, the MSRP on the window sticker for the new LX was $100 higher than the first one. I went through all the features and everything else is the same except the model number (it changed from 9620C to 9620E, which probably just reflects the different color) and of course the color.

Last edited:
Congrats, GR! Glad that's all behind you. So uh...when you gonna pop it's cherry and get it dirty? Mud season has started early this year...:D

Kneel said:
Congrats, GR! Glad that's all behind you. So uh...when you gonna pop it's cherry and get it dirty? Mud season has started early this year...:D

Thanks.

:eek:

I think it'll be a few years before I think about doing anything very adventurous off road with this thing. I want to enjoy it without scratches, dents, etc. for a little while anyway. I'll certainly take it on some mild off road trips if there's a good reason to get to the other end of the trail.

For example, last summer I took a trip with my dad and he's really into lighthouses. We took my Pathfinder on a rough road that a 2 wheel drive truck might have had problems, low range was nice but not really needed, and a sedan wouldn't have had a chance of making it. It was around a 3 mile drive each way. I'll do stuff like that, but nothing where damage is even remotely likely for now - I just can't bring myself to risk damaging such an expensive vehicle so soon.

Tinkerer said:
Don't forget to change your signature (drop the "soon anyway").

Congrats!

Thanks and signature updated.

greynolds said:
Interestingly, the MSRP on the window sticker for the new LX was $100 higher than the first one. I went through all the features and everything else is the same except the model number (it changed from 9620C to 9620E, which probably just reflects the different color) and of course the color.

geoff, the model number change is why your msrp is higher. lexus will update the model number to reflect mid-year price changes. nothing to do with the color. just in case you were wondering.

glad everything went smoothly this time around. enjoy your new lx - you deserve to!

congrads on the new lx, best of luck

Wow, just finished reading all the threads, all I can say is enjoy the vehicle and go have a strong beer!
:cheers:

Hey Greynolds- Is your dealer from Haverhill? I avoid them like the plague after they screwed up my '60 years ago and refused to take ownership of the problem. Try the guys on Route 97 north of I-495. Not as fancy, but more reliable IMHO. :grinpimp: Ned

Hey Greynolds- Is your dealer from Haverhill? I avoid them like the plague after they screwed up my '60 years ago and refused to take ownership of the problem. Try the guys on Route 97 north of I-495. Not as fancy, but more reliable IMHO. :grinpimp: Ned

No, it was Ira in Danvers. Since the problems last year they have quite honestly been fine. I've gone to them for the first 3 service visits (which have also doubled as trips to get a few minor things fixed) and there haven't been any problems so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom