New LV clutch issue...slave cylinder?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Haven't driven the rig much except to put in the shop and move around drive. The clutch pressure is weak at first then better after I pump it a few times. Does this sound like the Clutch slave cylinder? Just put it up and figure I will check fluids tomorrow and see if any leaks are there I haven't noticed. Hopefully just an adjustment!

Think i have spare on the shelf for my 78 project. Gonna see if it is similar and probably just replace it.

Look at all the fittings and connections to see if anything is wet too — with all that horsepower something could have worked its way loose!

this have a V8? wonder if it is a stock setup?

this have a V8? wonder if it is a stock setup?
Yeah this is the big question, it has toyota 4 speed though so not sure exactly what I have and too tired to crawl under it tonight.

@Downey may help as he has the V8 knowledge, I have zero.

Well I had to go take a look. Definitely not what i have on my shelf but the fluid in the reservoir was almost empty. Will fill tomorrow and see what happens from there. I am banking that there is a leak somewhere.

Hard to believe you bought this for a fair amount of money, and it has these issues? Should be turn key ready? Sounds like it’s low on fluid ( leaking somewhere) and sucking air. New clutch hydraulics should fix the issue.

Hard to believe you bought this for a fair amount of money, and it has these issues? Should be turn key ready? Sounds like it’s low on fluid ( leaking somewhere) and sucking air. New clutch hydraulics should fix the issue.
I knew from the appearance it hadn’t been driven much at all nor was owner capable of doing much with it. Like anything else that hasn’t been run much it will have a few leaks. It is what it is and we will make it right!

Well bled the air and clutch has good pressure now. While trying to fix the VDO temp gauge that indicates hot immediately upon turning key on I ran across what appears ground cable. Suspecting a ground issue I ran across a heavier gauge black wire from the back of the alternator that is not attached to anything. When I touch side of starter it sparks. Not sure it has anything to do with my temperature gauge I am pondering where this should go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom