NEW? LT 285/70R18 Toyo A/T3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m seeing this tire, LT 285/70R18 Toyo A/T3, listed on Toyo’s site but I’m not seeing any info on it anywhere. Is this tire being discontinued or is it new? I really want to go to 295/70R18’s but I’m a little concerned about them fitting. I was looking for a less aggressive 285/70R18 than what is available and came across this A/T3.

62029C70-EBE1-4ABE-B6D1-DE41AEAEA151.jpeg

Last edited:
This is news to me. I was seriously considering a 295/70 r18 and adding a 1/4” nut welded to the steering knuckle to make them fit. My 1.25” spacers are already installed. The 285/70 is plenty of tire and weighs a a good 3-4lbs less. Let us know if you’re able to order them.

I contacted Toyo yesterday to get some information, we’ll see what they say. If they are new or available Discount Tire should be able to get them.

I still love the way a 295/70 looks but I can settle on a 285/70 A/T.

I contacted Toyo yesterday to get some information, we’ll see what they say. If they are new or available Discount Tire should be able to get them.

I still love the way a 295/70 looks but I can settle on a 285/70 A/T.
I just called Discount and they can get them. They show the tire as a new size for Toyo. Not necessarily talking you or myself out of 295’s but keep in mind the more width increases hydroplaning and lessor driving dynamics. They do look good though

Last edited:
This is the response I received from Toyo regarding if this is a new tire or not. Not a lot info but at least it’s available.

Hello Dane,

Thank you for contacting Toyo Tires U.S.A Corp.

The model Toyo Tire you are looking for is currently on back order do to high demand. Toyo Tires is continually producing this product and filling back orders on a first come basis. Please contact your dealer for an estimated time of arrival.
We do apologize for this delay, and do appreciate you choosing Toyo Tires.

Thank you,
Toyo Tires

This is great news! I think the stress of pulling the trigger on 295’s is now over.
That’s very odd about the response from Toyo but my local tire shop found a set and can have them delivered OCT. 3. Maybe they a couple sets around the country left. However, another mudder on here said a Recon Grappller(less aggressive then Ridge) 295/70r18 SL load is available now. It only weighs 53lbs. Ugh, decisions! I would prefer a non-E since I don’t do extreme off-road or tow

I worked at Discount Tire all through high school and college and I couldn’t stand Nittos, Goodyears or Bridgestones. I was going to run 295/70 Defenders but the size is the issue. At 56 pounds and incredible performance it was my top choice. I even emailed Michelin and inquired about new sizes but I don’t think it will happen. Still, if I could find a way to guarantee the Defenders to fit I would be all over it.

I worked at Discount Tire all through high school and college and I couldn’t stand Nittos, Goodyears or Bridgestones. I was going to run 295/70 Defenders but the size is the issue. At 56 pounds and incredible performance it was my top choice. I even emailed Michelin and inquired about new sizes but I don’t think it will happen. Still, if I could find a way to guarantee the Defenders to fit I would be all over it.
You can run defenders in that size, just need to have 1.25” spacers and 3/16-1/4” nut welded to the lower driver side A-arm where the steering stop touches

C9006328-F795-4497-9D96-4C10A496545E.jpeg

Sorry for dumb question, but is that to limit overall sweep of steering manually so they don't rub?
Correct. It’s simply to prevent your larger tire from rubbing or pushing against the drivers side KDSS bar when making a full wheel turn to the right. Simply put, if you need to make a hard right turn or similar to a tight u-turn for example, it will just have a little less turn radius. I’m going to grab some JB-weld epoxy and try this with a 1/4” nut and see how it effects my daily driving before I consider installing 295’s

Last edited:
There are hardly any options in this size for folks who want to keep stock 18s. The Nitto RG's fit on stock Cruisers with minor plastic modifications. I am curious to hear how these fit on stock Cruisers in comparison to their RG counterpart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom