Wanted New, Lower radiator hose for 3B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to purchase a new lower radiator hose for a BJ40. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

The number I have is CH1336 37/43x580

Thanks!

C.J.

eBay. But shipping is usually ridiculous as they usually come from Australia.

Take the old hose to a good NAPA, and ask to go through their hoses - They have hundreds! I bet you find one that fits.

If you don't have the old hose, or need a custom hose, try what I did. On my diesel swap, I made a sample from old hoses, pvc pipe and clamps. In fifteen minutes at NAPA, I found a hose that fits perfectly, Keep the part the number for future reference.

Just another idea

Anybody match a lower rad hose to a NAPA part #?

15 years or so ago I found one and posted a thread on here about it. No idea how to find it now. I know it doesn't really help, but it was off of a 5.0 liter engine late 80s ford pickup if I recall correctly. All I had to do was cut off roughly 2 inches off of one end and it was an almost perfect match

Thanks...I think I found the thread...though looks like you guys were looking at the 3b in a BJ60... "The part is a rad hose from a 1987 Ford F150 with a 302 (5.0 litre) engine. The Part Source part number is 14-2536-2 "...looks pretty similar shape and outlet size...will check and see if it will work in a BJ42.

Thanks...I think I found the thread...though looks like you guys were looking at the 3b in a BJ60... "The part is a rad hose from a 1987 Ford F150 with a 302 (5.0 litre) engine. The Part Source part number is 14-2536-2 "...looks pretty similar shape and outlet size...will check and see if it will work in a BJ42.

Right...I forgot it was for my BJ60 and not my 42...sorry about that. Hopefully it is close? Good luck.

A.

I did try the part source number against the Lordco number here in Canada, but the hose was not close. The local Toyota dealer said the lower hose was no longer available for the earlier BJ42 (and BJ40, inlet on passenger side, and outlet on lower driver's side...Toyota Canada wanted a small fortune for the later one that was still available too). Have been hoping to find someone that crossed a generic hose but haven't had any luck yet, otherwise I might pull the old one soon and see if I can find a match at Napa or Lodco. If anyone has found one I would really appreciate the cross number...will definitely share if I come across it or find one by comparison.

I'd like to hear this story for the sourcing.
Beno, Cruiser Parts.net had them... I have had mixed luck with them in the past, but thought I would try. It didn't seem aftermarket, because it fit perfectly. I could be wrong about this, but I wouldn't know the difference. I will leave it to a subject-matter-expert to that. ;)

I tried rock auto. I could try cruiser outfitters just curious if anyone ever found a NAPA PN to get it local. Ebay has a kit from Australia for all the hoses too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom