New leather upholstery. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a drivers seat pic after 2 years to look at the wear of daily use?
The drivers seat looks totally good, no wear. The only issue I have had with the drivers seat is that I didn’t replace the old foam on the lower part. It is a little baggy where that seat foam was blown out. I thought that maybe it would bounce back after I steamed it, but it was too worn. That piece is under $200 from Toyota and I I’m going to order it and replace.

Back seats are it!!!! I’m so excited. That was a pain!! I only have the pockets on the back of the front seats to do now, easy. These turned out pretty tight, I’m very happy. The slight wrinkles in the back seat will tighten up over the next few months and will be gone. The colors look really close to a perfect match in person. In these pictures it looks off, but it isn’t.

New rules for the 5 yr old: No slime or permanent markers will be allowed in the Land Cruiser from this point on. Hopefully she won’t sneak it in.

D7079163-23AD-4A52-A601-BE29ADE8690B.jpeg
6C759E72-C5EA-475A-A155-095D2A117CF9.jpeg

Do you purposely have mismatched headrest covers? Or are they a work in progress?

Do you purposely have mismatched headrest covers? Or are they a work in progress?
My guess is because of the DVD player on the back of the passager side.

Yea, its a cheap Boss DVD that just died, now I need yo put the other headrest in. I'm not stylish enough to to have two different colored headrests. I did that in the 80's with my shoes though.

@kelly saad those seats look really good. Not sure if it's quality of materials, a good install or both, but it has a factory look to it. Nice work!

Materials seem top quality. My install is not the best for sure.

The new covers installed on the pockets behind the front row. I decided to use the old net frame and screw it on from behind. It will help hold the new vinyl on and looks ok with the contrast. The glue should hold it very well, I just thought a little extra help doesn’t hurt.

1F830CA1-8471-4DB3-9DA4-94A4B90E6934.jpeg

Did you already say what year LC this is? I ask because leatherseats.com's website lets you select only up to 2004 and earlier. Did anything change with the seats through 2007? I have an 06. The site does ask about airbags though doesn't mention arm rests (my 06 has the latter but not former).

Did you already say what year LC this is? I ask because leatherseats.com's website lets you select only up to 2004 and earlier. Did anything change with the seats through 2007? I have an 06. The site does ask about airbags though doesn't mention arm rests (my 06 has the latter but not former).
Mine is a 98

I'm trying to use their configurer but my puter is too slow to keep up with their graphics so i'm gonna need to call them on Monday to place an order from my front row in my 02 lx470 and would like the same colors and perf as your's.

I'm trying to use their configurer but my puter is too slow to keep up with their graphics so i'm gonna need to call them on Monday to place an order from my front row in my 02 lx470 and would like the same colors and perf as your's.
I dont remember. I had them send several samples to choose from. It’s not a perfect match but it’s close.

Actually, the color codes are on page 1 of this thread. Also, if you do it yourself, use a steamer and don’t try it without one. The leather will be a little loose for a couple weeks but it really tightens up.

Actually, the color codes are on page 1 of this thread. Also, if you do it yourself, use a steamer and don’t try it without one. The leather will be a little loose for a couple weeks but it really tightens up.

I dont remember. I had them send several samples to choose from. It’s not a perfect match but it’s close.

OP used 094 and 088. Screenshot from leatherseats.com.

leatherseats_colors.jpg

Just got my new leather. I ordered two tone that matches the rest of the interior, and perforated inserts. I like it. My pics don't show the correct colors, but it looks extremely close in person. Leatherseats.com for about $1100 for the front 2 rows. I also bought an extra yard of each color to do the center console and other stuff in the future if I want.

View attachment 1403658

View attachment 1403659
Really want these seats. Still trying to decide as they have gone way up in price since then.

Screenshot_20210531-132415~2.png

Really want these seats. Still trying to decide as they have gone way up in price since then.

View attachment 2690316
I do not take care of these seats, to be honest. My 7 yr old walks on them all the time, with dirty shoes. We are out in Northern Arizona on trails every weekend, fossil and rock hunting. There is constantly rocks and sand and dirt on the seats, at all times, and they look great. Super tough leather I guess because it’s not trashed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom