New here and have questions on 91 backend repair. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Video of issue

Hey there guys. I recently bought a 1991 Fj80. It’s my first land cruiser experience. When I bought it I missed a significant amount of rust on the body. I talked to a guy who said he has seen this problem before and suggested that I come here for help. I am in the New Mexico area. I know that it will need some parts fabricated or welded. Has anyone seen this issue before or fixed it and can point me in the right direction?

After looking at the video, you need some sections of a body.

Folks like @slow95z (GA) or @arcteryx (TX) can provide used parts that you can then cut in to match and do body work to weld in and repaint.

You have some significant rust there.

Are you planning on doing this work yourself or paying someone to do it?

(1991 body rear lower under tailgate and into cargo area)

After looking at the video, you need some sections of a body.

Folks like @slow95z (GA) or @arcteryx (TX) can provide used parts that you can then cut in to match and do body work to weld in and repaint.

You have some significant rust there.

Are you planning on doing this work yourself or paying someone to do it?

(1991 body rear lower under tailgate and into cargo area)
I thought I’d maybe try and buy the part and then pay someone to install it since it’s pretty bad rust. Any recommendations?

I thought I’d maybe try and buy the part and then pay someone to install it since it’s pretty bad rust. Any recommendations?
The two guys I tagged will respond and advise if they have anything that will work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom