New Guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everybody,
I’ve been lurking around here for a while now but finally created a profile. I’ve been enjoying looking at your pics and build threads. I’ve been driving Toyotas for about 20 years now. The pickup I have now is an 83 swb 4wd that was my Grandpa’s. He gave it to me when he was no longer able to use it. He used it primarily for hunting, fishing, and cutting / hauling firewood. I’ve had it for several years now. I’m wanting to get it mechanically sound so my kids and nephews can enjoy it. Luckily, I have a good buddy who is a mechanical genius that helps me keep it going. It has 5.29’s, welded rear diff and a locker in the front, and Q nylon buckshots. I
99DF1387-CE85-4C75-9910-298828932864.jpeg
want to fix all of the leaks (rainwater and oil, lol) get some bumpers on it, and complete the interior. I’ve attached a pic of my boy helping me wash it. I’m looking forward to meeting and learning from y’all.
-Matt

Nice truck! I dig that wheel/tire combo and I love the fact that this was your grandpa's truck! Keep it for your kids. It's already a classic.

Nice truck! I dig that wheel/tire combo and I love the fact that this was your grandpa's truck! Keep it for your kids. It's already a classic.
Thanks! My Grandpa always ran buckshots on it. I wanted to keep the tradition alive when I bought these. They do really well on the muddy, mountainous roads around here.

Sweet confederate looking bed w/ swappers. Definitely a south rig lol
The original bed was rotten when my grandpa gave it to me. This one came off my buddy’s Toyota Rebel. Some of the dealerships in the southeast sold these trucks. I believe the package included the stickers, a roll bar, and a rear tube bumper. They were actually titled as Toyota Rebels. Here’s a pic of a similar one I found online.
3ED98CBF-8585-4901-A6B3-A0D5709685ED.jpeg

Nice truck.
The worst and easiest oil leak for us to fix on the 22R is the front crankshaft seal. The oil pump is right behind it and when it goes bad oil loss is huge.

Love the truck! '83 is my favorite year for these old trucks.

That Rebel edition is like one part Dukes of Hazard and one part Evel Knievel... sort of a Bo Knievel vibe ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom