New guy from down under.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Falco80

Burning dinosaur bones...
Threads
Hi Guys and Gals,
I've been visiting this awesome site for a while now and i decided to join up today and become part of the action. My name is Dan and i'm living on the west coast of Australia. I've had my 80 for almost 4 years now and i just keep loving it more and more...:D
It's a 92 model GXL with the mighty 1FZ and manual tranny.

So far i've done:
Part-time kit fitted,
3"-4" lift with Tough Dog coils & shocks,
30mm front & 15mm rear coil spacers,
Adjustable panhards,
Extended front swaybar mounts,
Removed rear swaybar,
Castor bushes,
RTC steering dampener,
33" Maxxis Bighorns,
Mechanical locker in the front diff,
Air locker in the rear diff,
New clutch,
Safari snorkel,
Unifilter air filter,
Extractors and custom exhaust system,
Dual battery setup using a Redarc solenoid,
Narva 175 spots,
Limo tint all around,
GME UHF,
Garmin 60C GPS,
Alpine stereo,
Mechanical water temp gauge & voltmeter,
25 litre water bladder in RH rear quarter panel,
Upgraded interior lights to LED's

Upcoming mods:
Slotted front rotors and new brake pads all around,
Rear drawer setup,
Rear wheel carrier,

Wishlist:
6" lift,
35"S/36"s
Steel bar and winch,
Possibly hang a turbo of the side of the 1FZ,
Long-range fuel tank,
New front seats,
On-board air compressor and tank setup

Here's one of my fave pics...
View attachment 218196

Last edited:
Guy

Nice rig! Welcome!
:flipoff2:

Welcome nice rig you have there. :cheers:

Welcome!
one can never have too many aussies around! :)
well, except of course that you get to play with toys we can't have.... :frown:

Welcome Dan!

Very nice looking rig. We look forward to your participation here.

Flint.

Thanks guys, sooo much good info here!! :D
From the pics i've seen so far you guys have some real picture-postcard, awe-inspiring mountains to wheel around in. Kinda jealous cause over here, in west oz anyway, it's pretty much flat as a tack and covered in sand! :doh:

welcome aboard

:flipoff2:

Welcome, Dan from down under. I'm from Tonga, now living in California. Glad to see a neighbor in this great website.

Welcome aboard. Nice Truck...

Welcome!

Welcome aboard. Nice looking rig right there.

I have a question though. How does your RTC dampener perform? I'm considering installing one on my 80 as well. :cheers:

Welcome :flipoff2:

You say you have a part time kit fitted (with a manual transmission). Was your truck originally a fulltime 4wd same as American spec trucks but with a M/T? Just curious!

Welcome aboard. Nice looking rig right there.

I have a question though. How does your RTC dampener perform? I'm considering installing one on my 80 as well. :cheers:

Thanks buddy, the RTC dampener seems to work well. I didn't notice a huge differance from the standard one...I wasn't actually sure what to expect!:hmm:
Seems to work best in the rough stuff when your tyres are trying turn you one way, but you want to turn the other. If that makes sense....

Welcome :flipoff2:

You say you have a part time kit fitted (with a manual transmission). Was your truck originally a fulltime 4wd same as American spec trucks but with a M/T? Just curious!
Hi Adam, yes my truck is a manual GXL, which is the fulltime 4wd model. The best thing i did was fit the part-time kit. I was getting sick and tired of "easing " the clutch out all the time. It transformed the vehicle on the road and taking off at lights the rear end would actually squat-down as you accelerated through the gears, like a sports car......a big, heavy, thirsty sports car! :lol:

Welcome, although I'm late to the party.

Is the 1FZ the original engine? Here, it didn't come until 1993. But that would be 1993 model year. Probably showed up in late actual year 1992. Maybe our model years are different between here and over there.

Did you notice any improvement in fuel economy going from full time to part time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom