New FZJ80 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey all. My 4-Runner sold last week, soooooo I needed a new trail rig... the search for a good FZJ80 has been on going for some time, and on Monday the right one was located. A nice 93, 136k, one owner, diff locks, dry knuckles, brakes don't pulse, very very clean, good car-fax etc etc. Dune biege on brown cloth. $7900. Deposit is down, tomorrow I go down with a floor jack and few tools to make some last minute inspections, barring a serious problem, it will come home with me.

I'll update this post with my build up plans tomorrow night! Fingers crossed....

Congrats. :flipoff2:

BTW, it took you over 200 posts to get yourself a Cruiser. :flipoff2:

Congrats dude. I know you've been doing the mighty search for awhile. Here's to hoping the last minute inspection goes well.

That sounds like a hellava deal,congrats

doug

Brian,
Take a thermometer so you can measure the temperature at the A/C vents. :D

Seriously, it sounds like you've found a gem. Jump on it and don't worry too much about any little things. At 136k miles you can't expect it to be perfect. That is a good price for most areas of the country and rust or major collision damage would be the only thing that should cause you to back off.

-B-

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=10418;start=msg93034#msg93034 date=1074652898]
Congrats. :flipoff2:

BTW, it took you over 200 posts to get yourself a Cruiser. :flipoff2:

[/quote]

2nd only to E9999. :flipoff2:

You should have kept your 4Runner :).

Just arrived home a short time ago....

f9dee7ed.jpg

MWAHAHAHAaaa....

Hey, congrats on a really nice looking truck. That's some lowww price for a nice truck like that. Any more pics of interior and exterior?

eh! eh! more e9999 bashing? :-\
dream and cream, yall 6 potters... the mighty V8 rules! :D :D
anyway congrats, bj, ya did well... (for a 6 pots anyway! :D)
E

A big thank you to everyone for the nice comments.... :beer:

It is the same one you see there on AutoTrader. It is extremely clean... I'll snap some more pics later tonight.

You knew at that price it could not be all good. The problems are as follows - no center diff lock light when shifted into low, axle diff locks do not lock - lights continue to flash, result of no center diff lock??? Maybe just crudded up lock mechanisms - I've dealt with those before. The rear diff is a tad noisey at highway speeds... probably pinion bearings, not really an issue as 4.88 gears will be ordered shortly. That's about it.... I climbed all over and under....

Plans are for at least a 315/75R16 tire, unkown lift but much suspension work, possible brake upgrade, more power.... and a soft top with 4 half doors. :D

>> Maybe just crudded up lock mechanisms <<

Probably. Since you've been following the forum for some time, you know there were a couple of recent threads giving testing and problem isolation advice for the center diff lock mechanism.

-B-

The ends would be inhibited from locking by the un-locked center.

[quote author=bjowett link=board=2;threadid=10418;start=msg93597#msg93597 date=1074726469]
A big thank you to everyone for the nice comments.... :beer:
You knew at that price it could not be all good. The problems are as follows - no center diff lock light when shifted into low, axle diff locks do not lock - lights continue to flash, result of no center diff lock??? Maybe just crudded up lock mechanisms - I've dealt with those before. The rear diff is a tad noisey at highway speeds... probably pinion bearings, not really an issue as 4.88 gears will be ordered shortly. That's about it.... I climbed all over and under....
[/quote]

I'll bet it's minor stuff.... Sounds to me like you stole it for that kinda $$$. Nice job! Congrats. :cheers:

BTW.... you changed your diverter valves on the S4 yet?? Ever been to www.stratmosphere.com. ? They've got some real nice adjustable DV's, amongst other kewl stuff.

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=10418;start=msg93575#msg93575 date=1074723660]
eh! eh! more e9999 bashing? :-\
dream and cream, yall 6 potters... the mighty V8 rules! :D :D
anyway congrats, bj, ya did well... (for a 6 pots anyway! :D)
E
[/quote]

There you go :cheers:

I was right the last time with my comments about his 8 pots = V8 :D

Mike rules :cheers:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom