New F & 2F carbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get rid of the HAC. Only vac line you need is the only one on the carb going to the inner most port on your dizzy. Cap everything else except your idle up for the a/c

marshal just checking to see if you have a carb in stock. 73 fj 40.

I'm out of town with very little Internet. Ill have a better idea on availability when I get back Monday.

Marshal Im looking to purchase one of your carbs and I was wondering the best fit for my 72 fj40 . Im running a 87 2F desmogged with cable style throttle, 5k elevation and above. thanks any info would be great.

Order the f cable carb and put in the notes you want hi alt jets installed.

The bad part is I'm out till the first week in Sept. The good news is I still have carbs available from that batch.

Need to replace my 85 fj60 carb? Do you have any in stock? Thanks in advance.

i just paid for a mech fj40 2f carb through paypal just now. name is karl. thanks!

Last edited:
what is the provision for the purge side of the charcoal canister? does your carb have a port below or above the butterfly for it? where would it plug into? thanks.

Fuel level in float bowl

Hi Marshall,

I was wondering where the fuel level should be in the sight glass? have a bit of a stumble/hesitation, the fuel level is currently at the very bottom of the sight glass. Carb bolted in just fine, small fuel leak easily fixed, started right up. Thanks.

what is the provision for the purge side of the charcoal canister? does your carb have a port below or above the butterfly for it? where would it plug into? thanks.

Just cap it off at the canister.

Hi Marshall,

I was wondering where the fuel level should be in the sight glass? have a bit of a stumble/hesitation, the fuel level is currently at the very bottom of the sight glass. Carb bolted in just fine, small fuel leak easily fixed, started right up. Thanks.

Should be close to the middle. I suspect that is the issue. You okay with taking the top off the carb and adjusting the float.

Air cleaner

Heya,

I got a carb from you for my 74 fj40. It had a weber and now I need to buy the air filter housing as well. Which years can I use for it? Any suggestions where I can pick one up? Or should I just look for used?

Thanks.

marshall, want to confirm you recieved my payment for a 2F carb and when that might ship. thanks

I'm running a Holley 350. It's starts really easy, first crank every time but you have to let it idle for a solid 10 minutes before you can go anywhere. Choke doesn't seem to make any difference.

It always has a big flat spot around 1200 RPMs. An almost stall, flat spot. Verifying the timing and upgrading to a HEI ignition didn't change it much.

BUT.. my biggest complaint with the carb is the smell of fuel. When I get back from a ride in my Cruiser, I feel like I need to strip down in the garage and take a shower. The smell of partially burned fuel is really bad. The wife-won't-ride-in-it bad. (No comments about how that is good thing)

My question is; how do the desmogged Trollhole carbs compare? I'm guessing that a properly tuned, jetted and maintained carb will not leave you with the smell of unburned fuel but I would like to verify.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom