New F & 2F carbs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That part number (23811-61032) is for a fuel pipe from a 1980 - FJ40 and is NLA new.

74 f motor carb

Hi all. I am working on a 74 FJ40 with the f motor. Someone put a weber on it and I want to put the Trollhole carb on it. From what I gather the stock spacer is missing and was wondering if someone has one. Also I am at 4500 feet and need to know what tuning on the carb I will have to do. We are gonna have to smog this thing when I am done.

Thanks

Hi all. I am working on a 74 FJ40 with the f motor. Someone put a weber on it and I want to put the Trollhole carb on it. From what I gather the stock spacer is missing and was wondering if someone has one. Also I am at 4500 feet and need to know what tuning on the carb I will have to do. We are gonna have to smog this thing when I am done.

Thanks

r u sure you have to smog it? 75 and below here in CA we don't have to smog?

I know this has to have been covered before, just having a bit of trouble running it down. My old carb has 2 fuel lines running to carb. My new trollhole only has one. What gives?

I believe that one is the return on the stocker. that is not used on troll's Carb. I capped mine at the tank and ditched the extra hose.

Thanks

You need the carb insulator (with the inlet for the PCV line). They are long NLA new from Toyota and somewhat scarce used. Post up a request in the parts wanted section of the classifieds and you'll get a few responses. They also occasionally appear on eBay. Expect to pay around $15 to $20.

Thanks

Post up in the classified section for the spacer. Someone has one. Don't need to do any tuning the carb is set up for your altitude. If you were over 6000 then you would need to install the spare set of jets that reside behind the fuel bowl drains (caps, covers, bolts, etc...)

As far as smog my carb is not set up for it.

I know this has to have been covered before, just having a bit of trouble running it down. My old carb has 2 fuel lines running to carb. My new trollhole only has one. What gives?

Yes cap the return line at the tank or frame rail. I've had hundreds of carbs set up this way with no issues.

Carb help

Troll,
I need some advice on a carb issue. I've reached out to Jim C several times but have had no response realizing he's a busy guy.
I have desmogged my daily driver 4/1986 FJ60 2F; spaggetti lines, EGR piping removed and blocked off, ASV/ABV and hoses, air injection tubing; capped and plugged, deveined the air pump. Rebuilt carb, regasketed intake/exhaust manifold, exhaust manifold rings and springs.
The questions:
1. Does my distributor need recurving? I'm guessing not because it is vacuum advanced with electronic pickup.
2. Do you have a mechanical throttle desmogged carb that is pretuned for my application for less than a rebuilt/recurve from Jim that is available now? If so how much?

Thanks-Jake

Hey people I'm out of stock. Some reason I had a run on them last night. Will be about 10 days before I have the new shipment in.

Troll hole put me down for a carb for a 79 fj40.

Thanks,

Travis

Troll,
I need some advice on a carb issue. I've reached out to Jim C several times but have had no response realizing he's a busy guy.
I have desmogged my daily driver 4/1986 FJ60 2F; spaggetti lines, EGR piping removed and blocked off, ASV/ABV and hoses, air injection tubing; capped and plugged, deveined the air pump. Rebuilt carb, regasketed intake/exhaust manifold, exhaust manifold rings and springs.
The questions:
1. Does my distributor need recurving? I'm guessing not because it is vacuum advanced with electronic pickup.
2. Do you have a mechanical throttle desmogged carb that is pretuned for my application for less than a rebuilt/recurve from Jim that is available now? If so how much?

Thanks-Jake

Does it run bad right now? If not then why mess with it. If your dizzy is tired and worn out or you just want to squeeze the most out of it then yes get it recurved and rebuilt.

My carbs are pretuned for just about every application. They are $245.

As far as Jim. He is a great guy and knows his stuff.

Trollhole, I had a Jim C rebuild on my carby but having problems a year later and looking for a solution. There is someone selling these carbys in OZ, but wanted to look you up first since you're a good contributor.

I have a specific application that may be hard to fit. It's a 1981 FJ45 2F from OZ. it has a manual choke, however the primary choke return. Other than that vacuum there is only one other vacuum port and has some sort of rod linkage with cable accelerator. I can supply pics if needed.

Can you match it? How long of a wait?

Last edited:
Trollhole, I had a Jim C rebuild on my carby but having problems a year later and looking for a solution. There is someone selling these carbys in OZ, but wanted to look you up first since you're a good contributor.

I have a specific application that may be hard to fit. It's a 1981 FJ45 2F from OZ. it has a manual choke, however the primary choke return. Other than that vacuum there is only one other vacuum port and has some sort of rod linkage with cable accelerator. I can supply pics if needed.

Can you match it? How long of a wait?

Post a pic of the beast and I'll get you straight.

Post a pic of the beast and I'll get you straight.

Mate,

Here are some pics. Hope it helps.

Cheers,

66B1E1EA-F9BD-4EAE-956F-168DC34E0B1E-148-00000008C9865C98_zps8358642a.jpg

0F3F6644-8EAB-4DFF-848A-66BAA509CAA6-148-00000008CBA3A4B5_zps36865f6d.jpg

728F3B19-7139-45B5-964A-81D4DDC35837-148-00000008F4B9FE18_zps04f94102.jpg

Hey Marshall,
Received new dizzy, plug & play, Now I've got carb problems, the fuel line into carb fitting is just like the one in the first pic of "show your new carb" its a drilled bolt with a "collar" fitting that swivels, problem is..female side stripped 1/2 way down, so threads don't catch, fuel leak..is this fixable? tried to get 90 deg threaded fuel fitting,but thread size is like nothing my guys have ever seen. If its a royal PITA..Then i'll order one of your carbs,and be done with it. Thanks M.S.Gould ( steve)

Hey Marshall,
Received new dizzy, plug & play, Now I've got carb problems, the fuel line into carb fitting is just like the one in the first pic of "show your new carb" its a drilled bolt with a "collar" fitting that swivels, problem is..female side stripped 1/2 way down, so threads don't catch, fuel leak..is this fixable? tried to get 90 deg threaded fuel fitting,but thread size is like nothing my guys have ever seen. If its a royal PITA..Then i'll order one of your carbs,and be done with it. Thanks M.S.Gould ( steve)

You could source a replacement top. But most likely once the aluminum strips or cracks its next to impossible to fix it. You could retap it with a bigger tap maybe a sae thread. But if your dead set on keeping the Carb you can probably find a core for 50-75 and rebuild it.

Thanks Marshall,
Ended up tapping it out, slightly larger thread with a 90 deg brass fitting, If the carb will hold tight for a few more months,i'll be happy..need to spend money on seats and tires..after big money on a 1969 Mako 19 resto, my wife's looking to have me committed...
Steve

need to set up an under-the-radar slush fund acct..:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom