SOLD New England 1986 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(165, 157, 157)
Listing on BaT.

Well it's been a fun ride the last year with this truck, but life and family tend to get in the way of toys. You can see some of the build details HERE.

Clean New Hampshire title and recently passed safety inspection (05/2023)
  • Stock 2F engine
  • Holley Sniper Throttle Body Injection
  • H55 5 speed + Split Transfer case
  • Marlin ToyBox (4.7)
  • 4.56 Gears
  • ARB lockers (Front and Rear)
  • Saginaw steering
  • Pro Comp 89 Series Kore, 17x9 wheels
  • Pro Comp 35x12.50R17LT Tire, Xtreme MT2
  • Interior sound deadening + New Carpet
  • New Door seals
  • Front axles rebuild + new brakes/hubs
  • Warn 12,000 lb winch
  • Clean frame*
*This truck was professionally oil undercoated after a detailed scrubbing of the undercarriage. New Hampshire Oil Undercoating

IMG_6222.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all, this truck is in better shape now than when I sold it to Redwood. Lots of solid upgrades and in terrific condition. It was a great value at the original asking price, now a bargain.

Awesome truck!

This is such a clean build and low miles for what it really is. Would it make it to Atlanta driving it back?
As the previous owner I would say yes without hesitation. Strong 2F, the H55 I put in just a few years ago (andmaybe 10k miles ago) was brand new from Toyota. All around well maintained and baselined within the last year.

The box in the engine bay contains power distribution fuse panels and relays for the various electrics in the truck. The box is there to help keep things organized and clean and out of the weather.

Quick Update, I decided to remove the back quarter panel protection. Once I removed them, I decided to do a complete body paint correction. The paint job is good, but needed a final touch. So after 3 days, and 17 hours later, the truck is being put back together. I started by cleaning the truck 3 times to make sure we started at a good baseline. 1st Stage was using clay bar on the entire paint surface, as well as removing the oil undercoating that had traveled onto the painted surface. 2nd Stage was wet sanding with 3M 3000 grit, slow and steady. 3rd Stage with 3M rubbing compound, and finally with 3M polish. I have Jet Seal from Chemical Brothers arriving on Saturday to get everything nice and sealed up.

It looks so good!!

IMG_6211.jpeg
IMG_6210.jpeg
IMG_6209.jpeg
IMG_6208.jpeg

This thing is gorgeous. Is it white or silver?
Any suspension info? Definitely sounds like an awesome crawler. How’s the highway/cornering manners? How does your wife get in (assuming she’s not 6’8”)? 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom