New CSC member Joe (wildling) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please welcome new member #464 Joe Almanza (@wildling).

Joe owns a 1977 FJ40 and a 1995 FZJ80.

Welcome to the club Joe. Please tell us more about yourself and post up some pictures of your rides

Welcome aboard, Joe. Are you planning to attend the CSC Monthly Meeting on Friday night?

Hi Joe. Pics of the trucks would be welcome!

Hello Everyone! Thank you for the enormous welcome to the CSC community. This group and the larger mud forum has helped me many times over with tech and tips. I’ve referenced countless threads in the past. Figured I’d become more active by becoming a CSC member.

I’ll begin with my most recent acquisition first. A couple weeks back I purchased a 1995 Nightshadow Pearl FZJ80. This was listed on Craigslist list and sold by Ben Davis who I believe is another mudder. It’s a stock truck with the exception of small coil spacers,315s and a snorkel. It as 209k miles and the head gasket was recently replaced. It was advertised as a great camping rig and that exactly was it is. The paint has faded under the Arizona sun, but mechanically its a nice shape. My plans are to add some modifications which will make it a nice camping rig. My wife test drove the truck off road the day we bought it and she had the biggest smile on her face. At that point I was sold and she was too.

My other vehicle is a Sky Blue 1977 FJ40. I acquired that vehicle in 2011 from a serviceman stationed down in Sierra Vista who needed to urgently sell the vehicle as he was being deployed. The vehicle was sold without a hardtop or doors and about a 4” lift. I’ve been refreshing this truck over the last couple years while in grad school. I easily got carried away with the level of paint quality I wanted for the truck after I found a very meticulous paint and body guy working out of his garage in Catalina. The body and all panels and doors were sand blasted to bare metal. This truck is now completely painted with the exception of the hardtop which will be painted very soon. The truck is currently away in Miami, Arizona at Dave Gore’s shop for a spilt transfer case upgrade. Sometime last year Dave upgraded the truck with a Saginaw power steering conversion. The truck has been off the road for a little over 2 years and I’m anxiously awaiting driving the truck with the upgrades!

I’m really looking forward to connecting with the CSC community. Thanks!

094BBEE8-BFBE-4794-A29C-40EE26542BC5.jpeg

C74162FB-745A-4B6E-8D3D-2C3866E255A1.jpeg

5917C8CE-78DA-4B88-BC2E-A184C92C85F8.jpeg

EC431121-89CC-42F0-BD10-07487E3F0828.jpeg

Im looking forward to seeing your 40 when done. Hopefully on a future run of the month

another 40 :bounce:

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom