New CSC member Jeff (kyoso3) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please welcome new member #472 Jeff Parsons(@kyoso3)

Jeff owns a 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser.

Welcome to the club Jeff. Please tell us more about yourself, your Land Cruiser - any mods and if not are you planning on any modifications and if so what would they be and post up some pictures of your Land Cruiser.

Welcome aboard! Let's hear about your LandCruiser ,

:cheers:

Welcome!

Hello, everyone.
My name is Jeff Parsons, I'm 40 years old, and I work in the parts department at a copier company in Tempe.
My hobbies include photography and cars. I have a race car that I'm slowly building besides the LC that I am also slowly building.

All my friends have had Toyota trucks for quite some time and once I hit 40 & my mid-life crisis started to kick in, I bought myself this 2004 LC.
I wanted it so I didn't have to catch rides with others when we went camping or off-roading. Plus I thought it would help my photography hobby by allowing me to get to places most people can't. Recently the photography hobby has gotten me interested in storm chasing, so I wanted a vehicle that I could confidently take into the middle of a storm, in rain & mud, etc.

So on to the LC...
After looking at 4th Gen 4runners & 03+ LCs for a year & a half (I really wanted an 06-07), I finally settled on this 2004 in September 2017 with 182,000 miles on it. It already had the front LED light bar mounted to the front bumper, the Yakima style roof basket, AUX/USB audio hook ups, running boards removed, wheel spacers, 33" tires, rear air bags and the torsion bars were cranked up.

Upgrades I have done:
OME 60002 shocks all around & rear 2860 springs.
SPC UCAs, diff bushings, tie rod ends, & I built a custom storage box for sleeping on. Most of the rest of the time/money has been spent chasing ongoing gremlins/problems.

Upgrades I plan on doing next:
Sliders (probably step sliders) & on board air.

I don't plan on getting too crazy with the upgrades, beyond that.

I've already taken it to the coves behind Saguaro Lake a couple times and even made it up Crown King with a bad shift solenoid.

image000000~22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom