New aftermarket cd player install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, got on to circuit city's web page tunrs out they had the installation kit that says and look like it will work in my 94 fj80. its says it is made to install a regular din cd player instead of the combo one. i also got the necc. wire harneses and a nice panasonic cd player. my only worry now is that of course it wont mount in smoothly. nevertheless does anyone have any tips to getting the old cd player and what need to be taken off as far as the dash goes. thanks

It is really really easy. Remove the ashtray and the slider. Disconnect your lower switches and the upper switches. Unscrew all of the screws and pry carefully. Make sure you hook up the antenna before you reassemble everything. It is really one of the easier stereos to install.

I just put an Alpine in my 94. You should re-use the factory brackets off of your stock radio. Most new radios have Toyota holes in the sides that you can screw the backets to. You may also want to get a CD Player that allows the trim ring to be removed (Sony/Alpine/Others) so that it will fit through your factory radio hole. You will need to get a toyota pocket to fit the space underneath. Buy it instead of a dashkit. The dashkit guys make these for toyotas. Get the wiring harness adapter too for an easy no-cut install. My Alpine 9801 $150 unit sounds twice as good as the factory unit did even using the stock speakers and the green lights in the Alpine unit match the dash lights well at night.

Mark

Mark

Better yet, get a Cobra 18 wxst II CB and install it where that "pocket" would go!! I did this on my '93 and love it. It looks like it belongs there. The Cobra is exactly the same size as a single-din stereo.

Good luck.

Jody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom