New 80 Series Tailgate Storage option from Notch @ Back Bay Customs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks!!! Yeah I have some dynamat type stuff sitting in my garage. I'm going to add that this weekend. Do you feel like your tailgate is pretty heavy when it's loaded
Thanks!!! Yeah I have some dynamat type stuff sitting in my garage. I'm going to add that this weekend. Do you feel like your tailgate is pretty heavy when it's loaded up?
Oh yeah, it definitely made it heavier.

Anyone know if those latches are completely flush?

It looks like the latches pop up just a little bit. I installed my carpet with this and it makes the latches sit flush. I bought the oak flat finish which I read they aren't going to produce in the future. I have to touch up glue on the edges every once in a while to keep the carpet in place.

8994036A-7C53-4CE1-A11A-1C11F57DE752.jpeg

It looks like the latches pop up just a little bit. I installed my carpet with this and it makes the latches sit flush. I bought the oak flat finish which I read they aren't going to produce in the future. I have to touch up glue on the edges every once in a while to keep the carpet in place.

View attachment 2703289
This is correct. The latches are flush for most practical purposes but they do protrude maybe a heavy 1/16".

@Snobud Do you have a picture handy showing carpet? Did you re-use the factory stuff, or source aftermarket piece? Now that I think about it, taking the tailgate panel apart for the carpet seems fairly wasteful since they don't exist anymore, but stranger things have happened.

@Snobud Do you have a picture handy showing carpet? Did you re-use the factory stuff, or source aftermarket piece? Now that I think about it, taking the tailgate panel apart for the carpet seems fairly wasteful since they don't exist anymore, but stranger things have happened.

A few pages back in this thread I detail how to install the carpet. I reused the same carpet and sewed on a new vinyl trim around the edging... if I did it again I would look for a better quality trim maybe even leather. I was able to keep the original plastic edge trim. I added a picture from the hinge of the lid where the carpet needs be cut and to not be glued and allowed to expand when opening and closing the lid.

85AFB5A7-3615-4E74-8B00-BB57CAE6F591.jpeg

12E8B091-34E5-4170-A356-C4E3F1A5AA6C.jpeg

CB2E1468-38B3-4C14-A5B3-22A855ED2B1A.jpeg

4AEED381-C0F3-4D12-A860-1AE4FA806B52.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't look back into the thread. Thanks for the replies though. Nice work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom