New 1962 FJ40 FST (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Super nice survivor in the right hands! You have issues with your barn! !!! That is a proper big ass shop!!!

What are your thoughts for tires for this truck? It has no lift. Stock Suspension. The ones that are one it are dry rotted and need replaced to safely drive at highway speeds regularly. I was thinking about BF Goodrich Mud 31X10.50R15. Should I go with Mud or AT tires? Is there something else I should consider other than BFG tires? My first preference would go all in with a new Old Man Emu suspension and 33" BFG Mud. I like the look. I am just not sure I want to lift this truck and go that direction.

What are your thoughts for tires for this truck? It has no lift. Stock Suspension. The ones that are one it are dry rotted and need replaced to safely drive at highway speeds regularly. I was thinking about BF Goodrich Mud 31X10.50R15. Should I go with Mud or AT tires? Is there something else I should consider other than BFG tires? My first preference would go all in with a new Old Man Emu suspension and 33" BFG Mud. I like the look. I am just not sure I want to lift this truck and go that direction.
Don't lift it Gabe. Keep it stock height and original with Tires that look period correct.

Shift rod on the other side of the country. Holler if you can’t find one closer.
IMG_9331.jpeg

IMG_9331.jpeg

Shift rod on the other side of the country. Holler if you can’t find one closer.View attachment 3609522

View attachment 3609521
Thank you for the offer. I was not aware that the threaded end of the rod was separate from the long rod. I don’t have an early 40’s manual. So, what I need is this piece below if you have one. Without a hole. lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

I bet if one of those pieces fell in the hand of a machinist we’d have a repro option fairly readily. Of course as long as John @pardion has his stashes we are good to go 😉.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom