Never really introduced myself.. here's my rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, Nice lookin 40. What about that 350-why a mystery? Welcome to the life. Is this your 1st 40?

So previous owner said it was from a 72 vette. The only numbers I could find on the rear of the block are:

m47

871 888
13434N

When i look up the first number I find:

Years - Casting - CID - Low Power - High Power - Main Caps - Comments
1969-79 3970010 350 185 370 2 or 4 car, truck, Vette

sooo basically it could be a truck or vette or car.. hah

When I replaced the clutch it took one with 10 teeth. Apparently 72 corvettes clutches have 26 teeth.

Last edited:
So previous owner said it was from a 72 vette. The only numbers I could find on the rear of the block are:

m47

871 888
13434N

When i look up the first number I find:

Years - Casting - CID - Low Power - High Power - Main Caps - Comments
1969-79 3970010 350 185 370 2 or 4 car, truck, Vette

sooo basically it could be a truck or vette or car.. hah

When I replaced the clutch it took one with 10 teeth. Apparently 72 corvettes clutches have 26 teeth.

THe clutch shouldnt matter as far as the engine, clutch only matters for the tranny and i assume its a toyota tranny , i have a book some where to look up numbers ill see if i can find it and let you know , what i find,, nice rig , welcome to the family and thanks for your service to our country

I crewed:
O-A- 37B Dragonflies from 84-87 at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson,
F-4 E's from 87-88 in Taegu Korea,
F-16 A, B C, D block 15, 25 from 88-92 at Hill AFB Utah,
F-16 C, D block 40 from 92-95 at Eielson AFB Alaska,
F-16 C,D block 52 from 92-98 at Mt. Home AFB Idaho.
Then I got out. I now work at an Airline.
I love flying on the C-17. Much more comfortable/ quiet than the old 141's . C-5's aren't too bad though. Are you a Zoomie? I spent 13 years growing up in Colorado Springs.

Taegu eh? I was there at the same time. I was a dependent though.

No zoomie. I'm too lazy for all that military schooling. :) I got a lot of friends who went to the academy though. In fact most of the pilots I know are zoomies.

141s are that much louder? Wow I thought the back of a c-17 was bad. When I fly space-A I wear earplugs with my flying headset on top. I look like a crazy walking around with it on not connected to anything. :)

What I like is what they did with the shifter, bent it nice to clear the heater box in 1st and 3rd gears. The PO(s) really HACKED my 40's V8 conversion. Not only did mine hit the box, but the RH cyl head also rubbed against the firewall! Someday, I will fix all the crap they screwed up...

Love the white 40s!

where about in Charleston are you? Those apartments look familiar. I am in West Ashley. We have a local club called Low Country Land Cruisers. We have meetings and get together and ride. Go to Upstatecruisers.com to join. When you do that it will automatically make you a member of Low Country.
welcome to the sickness.

Kraeji, that is a nice looking 40 you got.

Come to think of it , I have never introduced myself either. Kinda just sneeked into the board.
This is a pic of my 40 when I first got it.
Now she is mostly taken apart for some body work, and some changes.
She is getting 3B again,
Rear FF axles with discs,
Sag power steering.
1/2 top.
New front fenders.
32" tires.
I am going to repaint everything so this might take few months.

This 40 was brought from Germany to Canada by a friend of mine who sold it later to the PO.
I couldn't resist buying it, because I already knew something about it.
Originaly had a 3B and drums all way around with non-US front hubs.
Bazel police ?
This pic was taken before I bought the 40, so you know.
Vic
jeep.jpg

What I like is what they did with the shifter, bent it nice to clear the heater box in 1st and 3rd gears. The PO(s) really HACKED my 40's V8 conversion. Not only did mine hit the box, but the RH cyl head also rubbed against the firewall! Someday, I will fix all the crap they screwed up...

Love the white 40s!

I dig the white 40s too......:)

Cool rig, good luck and have fun...C17's may be nice but noting beats the mighty Herc...I am a prior C130E and C130J Crew chief.:grinpimp:

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom