Nerf Bars, side step bars. (1 Viewer)

As nice as the Slee sliders are, I can't justify the price for an upgrade that I won't utilize to its full potential (I drive on the road, and the beach, thats it.)

However, the rusty stock running boards have to go, I just need a simple side bar that will allow for easier acsess for the grandparents, kids, etc.

Nothing huge, and gaudy made out of 4" tubing that sticks out a foot from the rocker panel, although unfortunatly thats alot of what im finding... I checked out the smitty built units, but want more options, Trying not to go over $250. Thanks in advance for all input and recommondations.

Lovey

Oct 2004

I put the Spector nerf bars on when I trashed my running boards.
I had the same thing in mind when I put them on. 80 is my DD so I didnt need sliders.
They dont stick out all that much. Eventually I will get sliders when its no longer my DD.
I'm happy with them. The few times I have wheeled the 80 they did save the rockers.
HTH.

macneill said:
I got a set of stainless Go Rhinos that I just took off the 100. Plenty of rock rash and some pitting going on. Gonna be on the Vineyard Nov. 10-13 if you wanna come over and get 'em! :D
i wonder if those suckers will fit on my 80! we will cruise over in my buddies contender and grab a bite while we are there. how much?

Nantucket,
If you go to your local fab shop, they should be able to make you a real lite duty set of side steps that could work as sliders on a really careful level (you never know) for about the same price as a set of nerf bars shipped to you. I'm not a fan of how nerf bars look on an 80.

my $.02

I'd at least check it out before I went the nerf bar route, can't hurt.

Sam

PKP80 said:
Nantucket,
If you go to your local fab shop, they should be able to make you a real lite duty set of side steps that could work as sliders on a really careful level (you never know) for about the same price as a set of nerf bars shipped to you. I'm not a fan of how nerf bars look on an 80.

my $.02

I'd at least check it out before I went the nerf bar route, can't hurt.

Sam
i really like what chris fabricated in this thread.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=20378&highlight=nerf+bars

maybe I will revive that thread and ask if he is making them and how much, or show those pics to a local fab shop. Then I can have a decent slider for less than a slee shipped.

I have Giegers sliders on my 94. Pretty stout and inexpensive compared to others. Mine dont slide on/off like advertised, too much heat must have warped the plates and I barely was able to fitting them. Reheating and a sledge ahmmer did the trick, but he aint comin' off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom