Need to replace my 96 LX450 Antenna... what's the extra connector for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To be honest, if I had to do it over again, I'd probably just eliminate the position sensor and make it 100% manual to use the buttons. I get pretty good coverage with the mast fully retracted, and I'd just use the button to raise it when needed. That's basically what happens with my LX470, it automatically goes to the lowest setting (about 1" up), and I leave it there. I figure that is less wear on the motor anyway.

That being said, it REALLY bothers me when something doesn't work like it should, so that's why I took the effort to make it work correctly...

Agreed, $150 pricy but wanted to see if it was possible. Can you share the specifics of the LC100 antenna swap? Does it have both plugs or do you just swap the armatures of units?

Agreed, $150 pricy but wanted to see if it was possible. Can you share the specifics of the LC100 antenna swap? Does it have both plugs or do you just swap the armatures of units?
IIRC, armatures were different, but I don't recall exactly. I feel like if they had been interchangeable, I would have just swapped that part out only... The antenna tubes were obviously different, as was the mounting bracket. The plug for the hall sensors (on the front of the winder) were different, but the 2 wires were the same. I could have spliced them, but I ended up just swapping front cover plates.

So, the body/motor/gears were all the newer LC100 components, the antenna tube, front cover/sensor wires, and the bracket were my original ones.

Prices for the LC100 unit (86300-60161) are around $250-300 now, so repair is still a better option if possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom