Need some local help with an air compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would personally pass on that compressor. The tank is the same age as I will be this year, 43. I wouldn't trust that old of a tank, period. Also, the price is crazy high IMHO for such an old unit. You can get a brand new IR continuous duty 60 gal. 5 HP delivered for less than they are asking. This is what I would buy if I were you. It will be my next compressor, or the 80 gallon if I can afford it.

FREE SHIPPING — Ingersoll Rand Electric Stationary Air Compressor — 5 HP, 18.1 CFM @ 90 PSI, 230 Volt, Model# SS5L5 | 10 - 30 CFM | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks for the replies. I am a little concerned about the tank age as well, but I would like to hydrotest it before putting it in my garage. The IR unit is a nice one, but the big difference is single stage vs two stage and second is pump speed. The Quincy putts along with a 1700 motor RPM and about 400 pump RPM, while the IR uses a 3400 RPM motor and almost 1700 pump RPM. That pump is moving 4 times as fast, making that much more heat and condensation and putting more wear and tear on the pump. Don't get me wrong, before finding the Qunicy, the IR and Bel-aire units were number 1 and 2 on my list.

But I have a couple more must-dos on my list before that Qunicy can sit next to my FJ40

Anyone know of a place around Baltimore that does hydrotesting and about how much it should cost?

Thanks,
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom