Need some help about the part number and replacement processing of a connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I just did my driver side valve cover gasket, during this I found I have a broken electric connector, have no idea about its name, part number, and how to replace it, Thanks for any suggestions!

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 1.09.30 AM.png

Use this pdf to match your connector. You'll find that one in the 'Female 2P Waterproof Type' section (about page 93). Match up the indexing protrusions and other features. When you think you've found it, verify by image searching the part number and comparing pics. If you're unsure, post a pic looking into the connector.

As for the replacement procedure, I typically just bust open the old connector with pliers to free the wires. They're usually pretty brittle, hence being broken in the first place. I hate losing little pieces of debris in my bay, so I usually pull the connector through a hole in a sheet or similar, then drape it over the work area in order to catch any pieces.

The freed wires and pins then just click in the new connector. Be sure to note orientation.

Last edited:
Hi, I just did my driver side valve cover gasket, during this I found I have a broken electric connector, have no idea about its name, part number, and how to replace it, Thanks for any suggestions!

View attachment 2593808

Look closely on the connector. There should be a number cast into it.

Take that number and add the 'prefix': 90980-

Example......

Part number con.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions, I found its part number is: 90980-11156. And here is a tutorial for the replacement of that kind of connector:
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 1.25.44 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom