Need Service Help on 2007 LC Air Pump faults (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm the original owner of a 2007 Land Cruiser that's about 800 miles shy of 200,000. Never had any problems with it above standard wear and tear and absolutely love it. I'm not a car guy - I have no idea how to fix anything that goes wrong except to take it to my mechanic (who is more than capable, in my humble opinion). I've been on my A game keeping it regularly serviced. However we've been experiencing a problem that has him stumped. The check engine light will not stay off despite his best efforts at fixing the problems identified by the code. This is problematic in that I have an emissions test coming up that it will not pass. Not sure if this is a glitch in the computer system or what. His notes are below.

Also he thought about using a bypass as a solution but if he understands this correctly he is concerned that won't help me pass emissions test due to the readiness monitors. Without the pump operational, yes the code will stay off but how are the readiness monitors handled in this situation? If emissions was not an issue this would be great.

So has anyone out there experienced this before or have any advice?

Much appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe

EPR.GIF

This thread will help guide you.

Thanks all - the internet acting as it should! I really appreciate all the info. Ordered the kit this morning and hopefully should be good to go next week.

Thanks all - the internet acting as it should! I really appreciate all the info. Ordered the kit this morning and hopefully should be good to go next week.
The system doesn't actually help the emissions once the car is warmed up. I believe the linked thread states it pumps air into exhaust to heat up cats. That's it. Once the bypass is installed the code is gone and car should pass emissions no problem. FWIW my bypass has been working 2 years no issues. Block off plates can be a bear to install if your nuts and bolts are rusted solid but besides that its gtg.

So here's the end of the story (hopefully). Ordered the bypass from Hewitt and had it put in. Picked up the truck on Sunday morning before Thanksgiving and all warning lights were off. The next day it lit up again like a christmas tree and gave me reason to come up with a string of profanities unlike anything I have ever put together, almost poetry in some way. However nothing much I could do about it at the time so just kept driving. Then two days later the lights went off and have now stayed off for over a week. Took it in for emission testing a couple of days ago and passed with flying colors. That bypass kit is amazing and saved me thousands at the dealer. Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom