Need opinions on which LX to keep ('99 or '06) (1 Viewer)

Which one to keep?

Votes: 8 50.0%

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are in a unique position to have both, and a lot of us here only have one or the other, and have opinions based on reading mud for the other. Which one do you enjoy driving more?

I have a great 2000 that I love, but sometimes I wonder how much nicer a 5 speed and AHC would be. I'm always looking for one, but I would likely keep both.

You are in a unique position to have both, and a lot of us here only have one or the other, and have opinions based on reading mud for the other. Which one do you enjoy driving more?

I have a great 2000 that I love, but sometimes I wonder how much nicer a 5 speed and AHC would be. I'm always looking for one, but I would likely keep both.
Agreed. If it was a daily driver I would lean towards the 2006 just because it does feel a decent bit more powerful, more nimble and overall a little more refined. The 1999 feels a little more utilitarian, like a truck, which is not a bad thing at all. I love the steering wheel controls on the 2006, but hate how the nav/radio/hvac are integrated leaving you with a very challenging task for upgrading the technology. I've done a Nav delete on a 2006 before and it was intense and expensive, plus I'm not sure all of the parts are still available, at least not new parts.

I assumed 90% of people would recommend keeping the 2006 but it's 50/50 which is surprising. Probably can't really go wrong either way.

Yeah, I’m kinda torn on the AHC part. I do fully intend on doing the needed services on the ‘06 either way. Just need to decide if VVT, 5 speed, VGRS, 7 years newer, etc., are worth it knowing the steering rack and ABS pump will likely need to be replaced at some point in the near future.

sounds like the 99 is the way to go since you plan on doing all the work to the 06 and theres a few unknowns in upcoming repairs. fix what you need to do with the 06 and sell it

I'd say keep the '99 since you already have a 200 with all the bells and whistles.
I much prefer the no nonsense approach of the 98/99's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom