Need help with mystery ground wire… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I discovered a disconnected / floating ground wire on my FJ62 that has me stumped. Could someone with an intact fj62 take a look at the attached images and advise where this ground ‘should’ be attached?

The other end is bolted to the passenger side firewall near heater/AC stuff?

E8ABDE87-CAFA-46D5-B4B6-0778686FC650.jpeg

19B62D6D-2116-4CDF-A13F-E4056AA54743.jpeg

Pretty sure it goes to the lifting hook bolt.
Interesting…it ground the engine block to the frame? The PO swapped in a used 3FE at some point. Perhaps this just didn’t get reconnected?

Will this cause issues if it stays disconnected? (I’m chasing down CEL 25,26)

Interesting…it ground the engine block to the frame? The PO swapped in a used 3FE at some point. Perhaps this just didn’t get reconnected?

Will this cause issues if it stays disconnected? (I’m chasing down CEL 25,26
I'm not a 3f guy, but I don't think it would solve a SES light as much as it's just another ground between the two. My 80 series has a ground in that same spot though.

Check out the pictures below in case you needed more explanation. It is the same picture, but in the top one I highlighted the wire and the bolt it is connected to. It is on the side of the block. The top bolt of that engine hanger bracket.

Speaking of grounds, the only cable coming out of my negative battery terminal goes to the ground point right by the battery on the frame. Some schematics of seen have a longer wire. Does yours still have that? Do you know where that goes? I'm assuming to the chassis somewhere.

IMG_8060.jpg
IMG_8060 2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom