Need Help!! Wanting to Swap to Diesel Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
I have a 1993 Fzj80 (1fz-fe) Automatic (A442F). however, parts are not available here so i decided to swap it to diesel. I prefer 1hdt or 1hz and leave it automatic and swap the engine only.

So my question is, what are the things that i will need to make this swap happen apart from the engine. Please give me the lists of things that i will need.

Thanks.

Don’t mean to sound non supportive. Google search on Mud for this. There is a fair bit to list. Content is here. Search.

Hello
I have a 1993 Fzj80 (1fz-fe) Automatic (A442F). however, parts are not available here so i decided to swap it to diesel. I prefer 1hdt or 1hz and leave it automatic and swap the engine only.

So my question is, what are the things that i will need to make this swap happen apart from the engine. Please give me the lists of things that i will need.

Thanks.

Well, I couldn’t tell you everything. But you will probably need new motor mounts, a new wiring harness, and maybe gas tank I’m really not sure…….. I’m doing a diesel swap on my 60, but I’m just taking the guts from one and putting it in another. This swap will probably be challenging without a whole other parts truck. So If I were you, I would seek out a retired 70 series mining truck, we have lots of them here in Canada. Buy it and just go from there, you will have every part you need.

The hard part is getting access to them, but it’s not impossible. Sorry for lack of input, but good luck.

Well, I couldn’t tell you everything. But you will probably need new motor mounts, a new wiring harness, and maybe gas tank I’m really not sure…….. I’m doing a diesel swap on my 60, but I’m just taking the guts from one and putting it in another. This swap will probably be challenging without a whole other parts truck. So If I were you, I would seek out a retired 70 series mining truck, we have lots of them here in Canada. Buy it and just go from there, you will have every part you need.

The hard part is getting access to them, but it’s not impossible. Sorry for lack of input, but good luck.
thanks. i just wanna know the parts that i will need so that i can start collecting them before start doing the conversion.

One thing to be aware of is that the gas version of the A442f is not the same as the diesel version. The torque converter is different, and I believe there are internal differences as well.

thanks. i just wanna know the parts that i will need so that i can start collecting them before start doing the conversion.

Best option is to find a vehicle with the engine that you want, otherwise you're going to go broke collecting all the parts individually. Plus, having everything there and all together helps to know how it goes together in your vehicle.

Hello

Thanks.
I would look for a company to bring in a firewall cut of the truck you want.
The rest of the bits and bobs are not super important. No need to switch fuel tanks, but you'll need a Diesel sender.

Also, depends on how "well" you want it to work. Is it important that you have a functioning tach, or do you just want an engine that powers the truck?
Your preferred level of "completeness" matters a lot. Diesel engines are simple. They just need a starter and +12v to the fuel solenoid to run.

It's the rest of the stuff that can take mountains of work and parts.

They just need a starter and +12v to the fuel solenoid to run.

Well, until you get into the computer controlled ones... My '93 (MFI) has given me a lot less trouble than my '94 (EFI).

But not an issue with either the 1HDT or 1HZ.

I would look for a company to bring in a firewall cut of the truck you want.
The rest of the bits and bobs are not super important. No need to switch fuel tanks, but you'll need a Diesel sender.

Also, depends on how "well" you want it to work. Is it important that you have a functioning tach, or do you just want an engine that powers the truck?
Your preferred level of "completeness" matters a lot. Diesel engines are simple. They just need a starter and +12v to the fuel solenoid to run.

It's the rest of the stuff that can take mountains of work and parts.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom