Need help removing headrest hardware? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm Swapping the rear seat back in my FJ 60 for an FJ 62 with headrests. I am in the process of swapping the fabrics so it still matches my interior but cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the headrest hardware. About 4 months ago I saw a thread on here that described the process but now cannot think of the search terms to get it to pop again. Here's a pic of the pieces I'm trying to remove. Thanks in advance!

image.jpeg

You have to remove the seat cover and carefully remove the fittings from the inside under the foam.They have barbs on the ends that keep them in place. You have to reach in and squeeze the fitting to free the barbs from the interior bracket.

Extra-long needlenose pliers can help with this. Big pain to do, compared to the rest of a upholstery job.

yep, just reach up into the seatback cavity and pinch the grip tabs in and push the sockets out. it is a pain.

I can't thank you guys enough, both seats are apart and the setback is off to the powder coaters tomorrow. For future reference here is what the thing looks like in real life.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom