NEED HELP PLEASE: VSC TRAC/VSC OFF ISSUES…UPDATED WITH RESULTS 8/14/21 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wendy2000LC

Takes a lickin’ and keeps on tickin’…
Threads
Website
www.badgirlscouture.com
Hi guys! Unfortunately I need help again. 😩
My 2000 LC- 280,000 miles both VSC TRAC & VSC OFF lit up. Took it to mechanic. They told me it threw code 1207 Range Sensor. They replaced the part. But it didn’t fix the problem-the lights remain on.

Can anyone shed some light on this and please help? Thank you so much…I always appreciate the input!

Sounds like they replaced the part but didnt perform the zero point. You can try to do a zero point calibration with a paperclip. no other tools are needed. very easy to do as long as you follow the steps. Or you can simply take it to a shop that is familiar with a zero point calibration. no alignment rack is needed and just needs to be done on a flat surface.

Are your Park/Reverse/Neutral gear indicator bulbs still functional? If they're burned out (or replaced with LEDs) that could cause a C1207.

Do the warning lights turn off after you start the engine but turns on as soon as you move the vehicle forward or back? I recently got the same lights on and have above symptoms. Will check the dash P, R or N lights.

thanks for this post and FlammableFishie! I replaced my Park light bulb on instrument cluster and the VSC-ATRAC and VSC OFF lights turned off!

On a side note - first time I removed the dash.

If you are attempting the fix/remove cluster.

Before you disconnect the battery, Start the engine and turn the steering wheel left and remove the steering cover bolt now exposed. Turn to other direction take the other exposed bolt.

Now disconnect the battery.

Pull the panel below the instrument straight cluster towards the driver seat. This exposes the bottom bolts on the cluster. There are two bolts on the under side of the cluster bezel.

thanks for this post and FlammableFishie! I replaced my Park light bulb on instrument cluster and the VSC-ATRAC and VSC OFF lights turned off!

Before you disconnect the battery, Start the engine and turn the steering wheel left and remove the steering cover bolt now exposed. Turn to other direction take the other exposed bolt.

Pull the panel below the instrument straight cluster towards the driver seat. This exposes the bottom bolts on the cluster. There are two bolts on the under side of the cluster bezel.
Thanks! Glad you tried it and confirmed it worked. I had someone else tell me about this fix also! Now to just find someone who can replace those lights for me.

You're welcome!

The mission is not bad. But before the removal, get some bulbs. Mine is year 2000

This is the part number 90076-04003 for those P, N, R, D, 2 and L bulbs and you'll need 9 of those to replace all this types of bulbs. There are other types of bulbs and those are for illumination and warning lights.

Partsouq has the bulb each at $1.20 a piece and shipping $13 to USA.

Illumination is 90010-06029 (need 6) and Warning/turn lights is 83120-60020 (needs 19)

You're welcome!

The mission is not bad. But before the removal, get some bulbs. Mine is year 2000

This is the part number 90076-04003 for those P, N, R, D, 2 and L bulbs and you'll need 9 of those to replace all this types of bulbs. There are other types of bulbs and those are for illumination and warning lights.

Partsouq has the bulb each at $1.20 a piece and shipping $13 to USA.

Illumination is 90010-06029 (need 6) and Warning/turn lights is 83120-60020 (needs 19)
Hey nissanh…..THANK YOU for all this info. Greatly appreciated. Going to order. I’ll update once I get mine installed if it worked for me also!

Remove the top steering column clamshell cover to avoid gouging it to hell too.

Hey nissanh…..THANK YOU for all this info. Greatly appreciated. Going to order. I’ll update once I get mine installed if it worked for me also!
It should work. All I did was to replace the bulb and those VSC, ATRAC and VSC off lights all turned off.

The inside of my dash was covered in dust
So I get to clean all tha too! Also lubed the tilt steering mechanism...

Thank you @FlammableFishie and @nissanh for all the help!
I took my truck to Glendora Imports in Glendora California (awesome service!) after purchasing the bulbs recommended by @nissanh and had them put them in. They also recommended replacing all the bulbs while the instrument cluster was out and did so. That relieved the problem and the VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights are now both off. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Amazing the help and advice I always get from everyone here!!!! THANKS AGAIN! 😃 And I hope this helps many more LC owners!

Also….if anyone who reads this is having the same problem and you need the PRINDLE bulbs (part number 90076-04003) for a 2000 LC ( not sure if it’s the same part for other years?) I purchased extra and I’d be happy to send to you no charge. Just a RAK. You can PM me your address and I’ll send. I have to pick up my truck to see how many extras but I think I have 7. I’m pretty sure I won’t be needing them. It took almost 22 years to need them now. 😂

Are your Park/Reverse/Neutral gear indicator bulbs still functional? If they're burned out (or replaced with LEDs) that could cause a C1207.
Hello. I have the same issue on my 2004 LC - VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights are on. No CEL or other lights with it. Once i turned the engine on, both lights remain ON. Are you guys saying that it is possible that the bulbs are burnt out? Just got confused coz both lights are on and if bulbs are burnt out, how will it light up in the first place?

Hello. I have the same issue on my 2004 LC - VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights are on. No CEL or other lights with it. Once i turned the engine on, both lights remain ON. Are you guys saying that it is possible that the bulbs are burnt out? Just got confused coz both lights are on and if bulbs are burnt out, how will it light up in the first place?
The bulbs for the Park/Reverse/Neutral/Drive are different bulbs from the VSC TRAC and VSC OFF, hence how those lights light up.

When you look at your instrument cluster are any of the Park/Reverse/Neutral/Drive/2 lights burnt out?

If so, then that’s probably why your VSC TRAC/VSC OFF lights are on.

At least for me and some of the above people that was the fix. There was nothing else wrong with my 2000 LC.

I'm just saying that the PRN lights are one possible cause, specifically for a C1207 diag code. Wendy got a little lucky, as did I, that was the source of the issue. I'd recommend scanning all ECUs for fault codes before you start replacing things, but if any of your park/reverse/neutral lights are out then it would still be worthwhile to replace those, even if it doesn't fix your VSC lights.

I'm just saying that the PRN lights are one possible cause, specifically for a C1207 diag code. Wendy got a little lucky, as did I, that was the source of the issue. I'd recommend scanning all ECUs for fault codes before you start replacing things, but if any of your park/reverse/neutral lights are out then it would still be worthwhile to replace those, even if it doesn't fix your VSC lights.
Thanks I will check my other indicator/warning lights. The mechanic said C1234 is the code that he got when he read it and it is pointing to the yaw rate sensor, which is around $430 online. It's quite expensive.

Thanks I will check my other indicator/warning lights. The mechanic said C1234 is the code that he got when he read it and it is pointing to the yaw rate sensor, which is around $430 online. It's quite expensive.

Did you lift your vehicle recently, or any notable changes before these lights came on? It's possible that you just need to reset that sensor, which is pretty easy, but no guarantees that's all it will take.

Did you lift your vehicle recently, or any notable changes before these lights came on? It's possible that you just need to reset that sensor, which is pretty easy, but no guarantees that's all it will take.
No lift for mine. Early this year I changed all shock absorbers with OEM parts, re-packed CV axle boots, replaced tie rod end and changed rear brake rotors/pads plus regular oil/filter change. I did the TC and CG to read the DTC codes and got ABS - 44, VSC TRAC codes 33, 34, 36, 43 and 66. Cleaned all wheel brake sensors then reset codes by stepping on brake pedal 8 times or more for 5 seconds. Now the only code I get is the VSC TRAC code 34. I got it checked by a mechanic and he did mention that there is a code C1234. I checked the left wheel brake sensor circuit with a tester and reading was good. The mechanic did say C1234 is yaw rate sensor.
I took a picture of the installed sensor but i deleted it on my phone and it seems different with the part number from toyota, so i have to open the center console again to compare. I dont know if I should buy an original sensor or look for a used sensor on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom