need help identifying truckbed setup

Hey guys - just got back from south africa and saw an awesome 70 series pickup with a trick bed setup for tires etc...

Any help identifying the manufacturer or you think it was custom?

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

Custom made! :grinpimp: Easier to get the spare when the truck is punctured.
Original is underneath the tray ( without aux fuel tank )or on top of the bed/tray/tub ( with aux tank ).:D

I really digg that set up on the tub
That is simular to what i will be doing down the back ebd of my tray to have x2 spare wheels ,except it will be under they canopy
Then i can fit two 80ltr gas tanks were my spare is atm

The Cruiser is a 2008 model 4.5 EFi petrol 79 series from Botswana. The "tralies" as we call it is custom design but professionally build and the box is a storage/tool box. It seems to be equipped for hunting due to the gun holders against the cab. Looks cool but not practical/ stick the jack and spade and axe to the outside of the rails.

This one is my favourite tyre storage solution,up front and low. I can see my back loving not having to lift those tyres back up there when they go flat.
I took the pic at a 4wd show a few years back

79series007mediumkk7.jpg

Gun Runner 5

KI4CMQ
SILVER Star
With the addition of "gun racks" you have to wonder if the extra framework is designed to keep something in ( the hunters ) or something out ( the animals ).:D Seems like a lot of weight simply to hold two tires and a couple of tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom