Need Help! Advice on P0335 code and condition of vehicle given history of Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement and PCM reprogramming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everybody

First time posting on the 200 forum. I need some advice I am tracking a 2010 LX 570 with ~180,000 miles on it. It had a PCM reprogrammed and a Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) replaced. My question is how severe can this be, I know being at a car dealership the vehicle is not driven enough to know whether that solved problem or there is something deeper inside. I know that the code is pesky and is usually indicative of something more complicated than just the sensor, I believe replacing the CPS is just the first step at the P0335(Please correct me if I am mistaken). I read this thread P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor and I understand that this can go very expensive depending on where the problem is e.g.,
sensor plate replacement
replacing shorted wires in that crank sensor circuit which actually is pretty complicated
starter faults
crank wheel teeth in the plate
even in some case the whole ECU needs to be refurbished

So I'm wondering what would be your advice and anyone having any experience in dealing with something like this. The vehicle used to be a fleet and was driven in excess of 50000 miles in the first 3 years but was well taken care of after that. One more thing the Charcoal cannister was replaced shortly before the Crank Positioning Sensor was replaced. I don't know whether this can be tied to anything specifically having been a Northeast car (primarily Michigan and Ohio) as well

I was also wondering whether this could be related to the timing components deteriorating like this post here Timing Gears, Tensioners, Chain Guides, Timing Cover, Valley Plate, Water Pump, Gaskets Galore!

Any insight or advice in that direction would also be appreciated. Well thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom