Need basic info on rear lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a very newbie question about leveling my '93 SR5. The top of the rear wheel well opening sits about 2" lower than the front. There are no mods to front. Not sure how this developed, the truck was this way when I bought it a year ago. I want to level the appearance of the body so that front and rear are same height from ground. Do I simply install a 2" block on top of axle or do I need a new leaf kit? Surely there is a sticky thread about something like this, but I can't find anything when I search on here. Thanks-Dave

Sounds like sagged springs. You have a few options including the blocks but I don't recommend the blocks. It wont fix sagged springs, you'll need to get longer U-bolts and most of all, you can get axle wrap.

A spring shop can re-arch your springs. I've had it done a couple times. They usually add a leaf after doing it and I found it kind of stiff and it took forever to settle down. Rode like a stink bug for months.

You can buy an add-a-leaf or overload spring. Rides a bit stiffer.

Or you can get a new spring pack to put it back to original height and ride. OEM, or aftermarket like OME (Old Man Emu)

Another option is air bags. Keep a soft ride until you need it for carrying a load. My favorite for a stock truck.

The bed rail is level. But like I said the wheel well, in the rear, is a little lower than the front, it makes it look like a bulldog. Gonna check into re arching.

56CB1997-3B24-46AF-9432-7A7EA6B6EA81.jpeg

cheapest/easiest lift is going to be a shackle.

to answer your last question, imo a tiny bit of rake is acceptable looking. i think matching the fender gap is too much, then you stinkbug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom