Need advice from the group (100/200) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well.... I will sell you my 100 (02LX) fir what you wanted to spend on a 200... sound fair?:hmm:
B5221238-6538-4FDB-BFDA-92209B380044.jpeg
338A0734-0EFC-4CA4-925A-F654346E1BFB.jpeg

I’m kidding of course. Unless you wanna cut that check?!? No? Yeah so kidding fit sure then ...

On that note, my 01 LX is fully set up for towing (4+7 pin plug, airbags, tip top AHC). About 200k miles, all of the rubber bits underneath are sorted out, TB/WP done at 180k, LTXs at 9/32", underneath is not pristine but there is no cancer, all fluids (I do mean every fluid) replaced 15k miles ago (oil twice since then), new front wheel bearings going in within a week before it's final towing adventure.

Dry as a bone, and bonus is that the OEM bumpers have marks at every corner so it is a prime candidate for armor.
PM me some info and pics!

PM me some info and pics!
Let me get it to NM first and then we can discuss. BTW the rig also has the Clearview tow mirrors

I’ve only driven a 100, and I like it - I’m coming from a 958 Cayenne Turbo S so I’m not expecting the ride quality, handling or power. But after paying north or $12,000 for out of warranty pano roof repairs ultimate reliability is what’s exciting to me and I plan on modifying to further improve reliability.

Why on earth would you shell out that kind of money on a non essential thing for a car, a new engine i can understand, but a sunroof? lol

If you have that kind of money to throw around, i'd go for a 2013+ LX570, they'll be good to you for years to come and they are everywhere. I have the money to buy either one but i like the way the 100 drives better, plus it looks a lot better and easier for me to park.

Why on earth would you shell out that kind of money on a non essential thing for a car, a new engine i can understand, but a sunroof? lol

If you have that kind of money to throw around, i'd go for a 2013+ LX570, they'll be good to you for years to come and they are everywhere. I have the money to buy either one but i like the way the 100 drives better, plus it looks a lot better and easier for me to park.

Well, as you can imagine a Porsche with a cracked non-functioning pano roof (the entire roof is glass) is essentially at the bottom of the depreciation curve lol I shelled out the cash to bring the value back to it. Now it’s got a fresh roof, pillar drain assembly and tint under warranty which is a premium for the next owner.

I’m not in the market for another big financial liability which is why I’m after a clean cruiser 😄

Well, as you can imagine a Porsche with a cracked non-functioning pano roof (the entire roof is glass) is essentially at the bottom of the depreciation curve lol I shelled out the cash to bring the value back to it. Now it’s got a fresh roof, pillar drain assembly and tint under warranty which is a premium for the next owner.

I’m not in the market for another big financial liability which is why I’m after a clean cruiser 😄

An old 100 can be a major money pit if you're not careful, the engine and transmission are solid but things around it will need attention and it's expensive unless you do the work yourself. There are a few big ticket items like the steering rack, brake booster, axles, wheel bearings etc...

With logic like this it's entirely possible that you are not suited to vehicle ownership. Have you looked into public transportion?

With logic like this it's entirely possible that you are not suited to vehicle ownership. Have you looked into public transportion?

As someone who owns several vehicles I’d love to hear your explanation 😄 If you’re wondering how Porsche math works it’s simple. no roof = auction vehicle, new roof = private sale. The depreciation is the depreciation, it was $134,000 new. I’ll take a main seal leak or a grease bearing over a blown turbo or exploratory electronic diagnostic any day of the year. I’ll give you an example, a Turbo S complete CC rotor & pad replacement set is $10,000. A Turbo is $23,000... and so on. Deliver me to Toyota!

I should say - whose 100 or 200 am I buying? Don’t want to exclude a well priced 200!
Have you posted this same thread on the 200 forum yet? You'll get another view from there.
Cheers mate,
G

I haven’t - I assumed that would be against the rules to duplicate it. Would love to hear from more 200 owners, however.
You should post there, no rules against that, that I’m aware of. You will probably get a better feel for what your budget needs to be for a good 200, which may make the decision for you

$24k is a lot of money for an 02.

I have two 100s and a 200 and -honestly-, the 200 feels like it's two levels above the 100s. If I was going to drive one of these 35K miles a year, it would be a 200 series, no contest. It should be an easier transition from the Porsche for you, too. Don't get me wrong, I *love* my 100s and daily drive them (for 12 years now), but when I get behind the wheel in my wife's 2016 200 it feels like the Millennium Falcon and when we are going on the road (like this weekend when we will drive 8 hours for a youth soccer game), it's always the 200 that gets the nod! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom