Need a new exhaust system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my cruiser will not pass smog do to an issue with my cats. And instead of just replacing those I am wanting to do a new system, what have you guys been running? I am wanting to only have one pipe running to the tail pipe, because I don't think two is efficient. I am not looking for a loud system, just maybe a little throatier than stock. Also if any of you have done your own diy exhaust please post that up to.

Started a similar thread called Aftermarket Exhaust Theorycraft. I just put together part of my exhaust tonight and will post up tomorrow.
I went with a coupler for 2" to 2.5" from the cat back, Thrush Welded Muffler and then 2.5" all the way back to dump out behind the rear tire. So far with the flanges, clamps, muffler and pieces of pipe I am a little less than $100 in and did about 5hrs of time today. Best part was drinking beer and hanging with my BIL using his welder.

I still have to use a cat, atleast for two more years. Is there just a bolt aftermarket exhaust? I've had bad experiences with people working on my cruiser so the exhaust worries me.

Best bet is to stay stock then. Exhaust is still sold by Mr T but you can also find the walker variant (pretty much the same) through RockAuto.

Looks like I bought myself another year before I have to worry about this. All I can say is a cool hondo and a non OBD car goes a long way.

I just (2 months ago) had a system built for my 62. It's a single pipe from the header junction back to a stock muffler. I had originally wanted an after market muffler but my mechanic likes to stay "stock" as much as possible and I'm very happy with the end result. My old exhaust and muffler were so shot that even a new stock muffler sounds completely different.

Look on my build thread as I just added photos of partially complete build. Gotta wait until I can get to my BILs house again to use his welder but it is good for the time being..
Video of BAFFLED muffler sound from a stock 2F. Mine is a Thrush Welded which is similar to a FlowMaster 50 Series muffler.

I made a straight through 2" exhaust on my hj60 with one straight through muffler half ways throught. Sounds great, a little more roar than stock, but still quiet.
This are without a turbo as I got tired of taking it off for every annual inspection and that I am going to sell it.

Can make a short video of how it sounds if you want?
Not quite sure how this compare to a F series engine, but guess it will be about the same expect the obvious petrol - diesel difference.
Codt be about 100$ exiting at the rear. Guess it would be even cheaper to buy the parts in the states.

If you want stock, get Toyota to install one, new OEM mufflew and tailpipe is about $200 and if installed by dealer it has a lifetime warranty. Put one on our 62 4 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom