Nebraska Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome!

Lately my truck has seen far more use hauling a trailer and roadside camping than it has expedition wheeling.

But, yes, by default there are pretty much two classes of off road vehicles here; those that are purpose built for mud and those that can travel comfortably at 80mph for an extended time.

So far we've had three kinds of local gatherings.
Hot dogs in the park.
Birfield repack and lift party.
Tuttle creek wheeling day.

We're all involved in raising kids and related activities, so actually getting us all together in one place is borderline impossible.

Thanks, Grench. I'll keep an eye out for one of those rare events when the stars align for all of us. I'm more than willing to meet in smaller groups with folks needing extra help or moral support.

On another note, I'm aware of most of the sources of advice and equipment out west (i.e. SLEE, METALTECH, BIO, etc.), but has anyone dealt with good local sources of builders and / or mechanics. I've had good feedback on 2 Men and A Shop out in Bennington, NE. The owners are reportedly former Toyota techs from the now (happily) defunct Old Mill Toyota dealership. I personally never got anything but attitude from that dealership. The Suspension Shop on 65th and Grover St. in Omaha was also recommended by others. Anyone here have experience with these local shops or would like to recommend others?

Any local referrals are much appreciated.

These days I haven't had time to wrench on my own stuff. In getting work done on my vehicles I'm generally more interested in quality than price. So, who I take my vehicles to:

Auto Station @ 132nd & Q - General mechanical & suspension related items. They don't fear big jobs. I've had them do front and rear main engine seals and even a whole engine.

All Pro Muffler & Brake @ 60th & L - Custom exhaust. They're the ones that did my custom welded 3" over the frame pipes.

Quandt Classic Body & Restoration.

Hi,,, My name is mike
I am moving to Omaha to work.

I have a 77 FJ 40 in basket cases in the back of my trailer....

Just finished painting it red
Rinolined inside and out
Upgrade Motor to EFI
Upgrade to 5speed trans
Full Roll Cage
New Seats
Custom bumpers

This was a father son project interupted by a trip to afghanistan,,, retirement, and working away from home for several years..

Looking to get in with like minded people,,, who can help me with how this thing goes back together!!

I will arrive in omaha next week... get checked in,,, and I am looking for a garage or shop to store it in as well.

Mike
719-330-3198

Welcome Mike--there are a couple people with 40's in the area that might help you out. I would post a new thread in the clubhouse which may give you a better response. Sometimes things get buried on this thread.

Aaron

Huerta here from Beaver City Nebraska. New to the FJ80 world, just picked up a 97 FZJ80 with factory lockers that's in the process of getting fixed (front end collision). I also have a 3rd Gen that's locked and lifted and is my daily. I'm in Lincoln for the remainder of June, so if any of you want to meet up let me know!

Also, I'm a member of T4R.org and have some connections in the area for 4runners. Maybe we can arrange a Toyota meet/greet for the area?

Last edited:
Huerta here from Beaver City Nebraska. New to the FJ80 world, just picked up a 97 FZJ80 with factory lockers that's in the process of getting fixed (front end collision). I also have a 3rd Gen that's locked and lifted and is my daily. I'm in Lincoln for the remainder of June, so if any of you want to meet up let me know!

Also, I'm a member of T4R.org and have some connections in the area for 4runners. Maybe we can arrange a Toyota meet/greet for the area?

We have done a few meet & greets in the past, but it has been a while - like a few years. I organized 3 of them.

I did the first one at my house and had my 3 (at the time) 80s and 3 others. Neighbors were suitably perplexed.

The other two (or was it 3?) I set up a hot dog stand off the back of my 80 and invited everyone to join us for lunch at Mahoney SP. We did most of these in the late October or early November season. Attendance was my 2 trucks and 5-7 more which translated to about 12-16 people gathered around drinking sodas, having a hotdog or three and checking out the trucks. Good times were had. Pictures of those events should be somewhere in this forrum.

There were also a few semi-organized outings to offroad playgrounds (Tuttle), but those have proved to be much more difficult to organize.

Welcome!

I spotted a few FJ80's around town today. There's a blue/grey one that always parks in a parking lot at UNL just East of Harper/Schramm/Smith, and then I just saw one that's white with Black Rims (91-93) on Vine. Any of you folks out there?

I'm out here... not one of those however.

I'm in Lincoln, mostly around SE Lincoln. There are a few 80's around town. We do need to get together again sometime.

Hello! My name is Carlos Monzón. Live outside of Firth.

The cruiser stable is as follows:

1972 fj40, last licensed in 1981-all stock.

1972 fj40, frame off restored.

1980 fj40, "The Milk Wagon."

1994 fj80...needs a front differential.

1995 fj80..."The Green Machine." 18" wheels, ARB roof rack and bumper, LED 9" off-road lights.

I don't see many other FJ80's around Lincoln. I've got a green 1994 with OME lift, 315's, rear locker, ARB bumper and winch. I go down to Tuttlecreek when I can to offroad it.

Scott
Scott, my name is Carlos. I drive a 94 and 95 fj80s.

I live south of LIncoln, Firth.

IMG_0917.JPG

welcome carlos, and here's your greeting: :flipoff2:

your bezel's are on correct, so no one will bust your nuts.

this nebraska forum is pretty desolate. been a while since anyone posted.

--r

Welcome Carlos! :flipoff2: Looks like your toy collection goes beyond Land Cruisers. I'll be rolling through Firth on Saturday, so if you see a Grey and Black two tone armored 80 roll through, wave back.

this nebraska forum is pretty desolate. been a while since anyone posted.

Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd though.

Hey guys! Ben here... I'm the one that had an LX450 that we sunk in a few feet of mud at Tuttle a few years ago... I sold that LX, had a 60 for awhile, now back in an 80. I moved out to Western Nebraska (Sidney) so if any of you are ever out this way shoot me a message and we can have a beer or 7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom