Nebraska Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

welcome to the omaha area. there are a few of us around. as for terrain... they don't let me out of the shop much.

--r

Thanks! Any recommendations on shops?

we'll work on LC's, and most other toyota's, but we're a subaru specialty shop. if i don't have time to fix our toyota's, they go here:

depending on what type of service you are looking for, we can handle most of it. we book solid several weeks out.

--r

we'll work on LC's, and most other toyota's, but we're a subaru specialty shop. if i don't have time to fix our toyota's, they go here:

depending on what type of service you are looking for, we can handle most of it. we book solid several weeks out.

--r

Awesome! Thanks for that. Being from the Southwest, I didn't need to worry about rust on the frame. Do you know of a place that will put on a good protective layer like fluid film or something better? I was told to check out Ultimate Truck Offroad for that unless you have another recommendation?

in that case, get a hold of jeremy, and see if he'll do the job for you. this is the only contact i have for him.

Holy cow this thing moved. Glad to see that Russ is still alive but I already knew that haha. Glad to see a new member, welcome. @solomrus when are we every going to do anything fun, put your shop on hold and lets go.

Last edited:
alive and sweating @SSTigerMerc.

i'm gonna need for you to define "fun". i'm always having fun. however, my fun might look like work to others.

Terrain... Tuttle Creek is the nearest 'terrain'. Otherwise, my normal saying regarding wheeling is, "I live 8 hours from anything interesting." I was with the group that went to Tuttle in 2012.

@corn man used to have a photobucket of pics and a few videos from that trip - they appear to be no longer hosted.

My adventuring schedule has been fully booked by the Boy Scouts of America for the last 7 years. My truck gets mostly used for camping with and pulling trailers for the Scouts these days. Having a Warn M12K onboard is handy for controlled pulling down of widdowmaker trees (dead trees caught up in other trees - dangerous as hell).

Right now @solomrus has my truck doing some exhaust work from the engine back. He's done a lot of fine work on my trucks (two 96 FZJ80) and cars (Subarus). I highly recommend him and his shop. They do great work - their specialty is hot rod subarus with big turbochargers and handling kits. Their success has led to long lead times to get into the shop, but if you have the time to schedule the work, they are well worth it.

I don't have time to do any of my own wrenching these days. I miss it.

Been living in Papillion for about a week. I've seen a built 100 series, an awesome yellow 40, and a few more around town. Definitely more here than I thought!

Been living in Papillion for about a week. I've seen a built 100 series, an awesome yellow 40, and a few more around town. Definitely more here than I thought!
Welcome! :flipoff2: (Official IH8MUD salute - no offense intended)

I wish I had time to schedule some sort of gathering.

Where you are in Papillion, you may very well see me passing through sometime. I'm in Papillion on a semi-regular basis. Grey & black FZJ80 on 35s with a swing out spare on the back and, currently, kayak racks on the roof.

Welcome! :flipoff2: (Official IH8MUD salute - no offense intended)

I wish I had time to schedule some sort of gathering.

Where you are in Papillion, you may very well see me passing through sometime. I'm in Papillion on a semi-regular basis. Grey & black FZJ80 on 35s with a swing out spare on the back and, currently, kayak racks on the roof.

Oh sweet, I'll probably look like a fool gawking at it Haha. Theres also an fj40 at Northrop Grumman which is real nice

we've got a 40, an 80, and a 5g foreigner. mostly i'm stuck up around keystone, so doubtful you'll spot me. 8^)

been thinking about that too mark, but you are so damn busy. we could probably stir something up and do it here at the shop in case it rains.

see if there is any interest there, and we'll see what we can do.

--r

I was at Tuttle on Labor Day. I've never seen the lake soo full. Pretty cool. Sadly the trails are getting really torn up by vehicles with much bigger tires than I'd ever want to run. I have access to 40 acres just outside of Lincoln, fun when it snows, sadly very last minute.

Scott

we've got a 40, an 80, and a 5g foreigner. mostly i'm stuck up around keystone, so doubtful you'll spot me. 8^)

been thinking about that too mark, but you are so damn busy. we could probably stir something up and do it here at the shop in case it rains.

see if there is any interest there, and we'll see what we can do.

--r

Figured I would update this introduction. To my 80 I added a 2.5" OME and bigger tires a couple years ago. We also added a gray 200 series this last fall. Happened to walk into the Lexus dealership by accident. Turns out they had an 08 traded in the day before and they hadn't even finished the deal yet. It ended up being the exact vehicle I was looking for...down the color and everything. It wasn't a southern vehicle but they were snowbirds which is close enough.

Anyways, headed down to Tuttle Creek area to camp with the family in the next couple weeks (weather dependent). Not sure which LC we will be taking. Are there any trails that a stock height 200 series can drive or does every trail have ledges that the horrible departure angle would be an issue?

Glad to have found a local section. This is Matt from Lincoln. Recently bought a '96 locked after a lot of searching locally. It's mostly stock currently and will be starting to slowly build on to it as time allows. First is those darn electric seat gears.

NOTICE:

Here’s an update on my rig “GroundEater” we finished her up, now we just need to bring :steer: it home to daddy !!! 😍

C6153C02-86EC-4FC1-B468-41D680EE0B89.png

13520905-5DBC-4AF3-B804-FDE449855536.jpeg

F72D2592-AD38-4C4A-94BE-F1D45108F485.jpeg

813E14A8-8C3C-494B-BBD8-A9E237106692.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Fellow Huskers. My name is Brant and I live just outside of Lincoln. My wife Dawn and I have 3 kids and a 1977 FJ40 named "Lucille". I bought her in Omaha in 1996. Life happened an she's been sitting in a barn at the farm for too long. I got her out this spring and have just started going back through all her systems. Carb is rebuilt and she fired up for the first time again yesterday (5/17/2020) Pretty excited now that my kids are interested in starting to wrench a little.

IMG_20200427_104221.jpg

IMG_20200427_113404.jpg

IMG_20200427_113414.jpg

IMG_20200427_121509.jpg

IMG_20200516_105949.jpg

Hi Fellow Huskers. My name is Brant and I live just outside of Lincoln. My wife Dawn and I have 3 kids and a 1977 FJ40 named "Lucille". I bought her in Omaha in 1996. Life happened an she's been sitting in a barn at the farm for too long. I got her out this spring and have just started going back through all her systems. Carb is rebuilt and she fired up for the first time again yesterday (5/17/2020) Pretty excited now that my kids are interested in starting to wrench a little.

View attachment 2310569

View attachment 2310570

View attachment 2310571

View attachment 2310572

View attachment 2310574
Great lookin’ beast Brant ! Grab some wrenches and “Get ‘er Done !” You already have the canvas for making a masterpiece ! Put your heart and soul into it and make it one of a kind ! Those kids will love it...you’ll recruit them into becoming “Cruiser maniacs” just as WE ARE !!

nice 40 huskerb.

kick some tires and light some fires.

Welcome! Some day when social gatherings become a thing again, we'll all need to get together again. 2020 has been a rough year.

Hello all! My wife and I recently got our first Cruiser from a barn in Kansas. its an 87 FJ60. its got a ton of rust, but we're trying ot polish this turd as much as we can! first picture is the day we got it, and the last pic is the most recent. and yes, unfortunately it does suffer from the all-too-common oil pan leak. BADLY. so it's on the list.

Cheers!

IMG_20200705_090319692_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200728_080907779.jpg

IMG_20200804_081046686_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom