Wanted Nation Wide: Looking for a 06-07 LX470, I am paying a finder's fee reward for your help, Attention wholesalers/dealers too (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Hello, I am looking for a 06-07 Lx470 nationwide and I am paying a finder's fee reward for your help

so if you're a dealer or wholesaler or have connections listen up !

below is a list of my must haves and what i prefer

here are the must haves for me
under 110k miles
no accidents / clean carfax / must have all original vin stickers/ no paint work in the lexus service history / clean auto check
zero rust

what i prefer, but is not a deal breaker
black exterior/gray interior (is the combo i really want)

Budget is open and paying cash

Please help me out !

Assuming there is more to this one but on the surface it fits most of your requests. I will let you call for pictures of rust and dive into the vin conformation of service. looks like AHC was removed.

May be of interest

I called S&S Auto (listed on CARFAX as having done a pre-purchase inspection), and they sent me their inspection:

Valve cover gaskets are leaking and CV axles are losing grease on this one. Passenger side front quarter panel has been repainted/replaced.

They also recommended front/rear diff service and transfer case service, spark plugs, transmission fluid and brake fluid as there was no history of that work being done.

Assuming there is more to this one but on the surface it fits most of your requests. I will let you call for pictures of rust and dive into the vin conformation of service. looks like AHC was removed.

stay away from this one !!!! the rust is so bad the driving components have already started to fail..... their also has not been mention of timing belt and water pump.

it's just crazy how all these cars have something wrong with them ... the search is very tedious having to sort through all the bull s***. and even the most expensive ones 25k plus need work and something is wrong with them. at this point if one pops up cool, but if not then that's fine too. I mean you can't even
find a clean 06, 07 in the entire nation.. that's just insane

it's just crazy how all these cars have something wrong with them ... the search is very tedious having to sort through all the bull s***. and even the most expensive ones 25k plus need work and something is wrong with them. at this point if one pops up cool, but if not then that's fine too. I mean you can't even
find a clean 06, 07 in the entire nation.. that's just insane
I saw King's Chariot post a black 06 with tan interior this week. Expensive as always and amazed how quickly they sell them

I’m surprised that you are surprised at how difficult it is to find a good one. Every one of us has gone through this. It took over two years to find my low mileage 2006 because there is seemingly something hidden with just about all of them.

it also shouldn’t be a surprise when the good ones are asking top dollar. However, you will still get idiots saying it is “overpriced“.

yeah. It’s a hard search and there are tons of people doing the exact same search that you are. If you find the right one then be prepared to move quickly.

I think I saw this come up before but just recently posted in CA again. 105K miles Vin is on the listing.

Okay guys this is a real contender ! I’ve seen it on autotrader before that’s where it’s been up for a while, but I have to 2 concerns with this one , I need the forum members to explain if they can help me out

first issue: the wheel wells have some king of black rubber on them and on some of the wheel wells it has fallen off, what is the solution ?
Will it need paint ? Because I don’t like that black rubber . And none of the other pearl whites have this and then if the guy is trying to get top dollar why not fix this (paint it) I’ve never seen it before on no pearl whites before...

2nd issue : it has a “72” number in the engine bay ! What the hell does that mean ?

please look at the pictures guys and tell me what you think

and lastly, what offer ? I was think 23k

it’s been sitting there a while, so a lot of folks have passed up on it, which makes me leery and think something is wrong with it.

will I need a Lexus inspection ??

I await for your thoughts my friends !!

The black on the wheel wells is residual parts of fender trim. probably some cheesey add-on like in the image below. Probably adhesive. Could be remedied by a good detailer if there isnt corrosion or tool marks.

F220843599.png

The 72 looks like an order number at my local bakery, they give you that number then you stand in line and wait for the food. The rubber on the fender is just some glue strip leftover from maybe some aftermarket fenders. Both are non issues, i doubt they'll go to 23, they'll probably stay at 26 at the lowest.

Okay guys this is a real contender ! I’ve seen it on autotrader before that’s where it’s been up for a while, but I have to 2 concerns with this one , I need the forum members to explain if they can help me out

first issue: the wheel wells have some king of black rubber on them and on some of the wheel wells it has fallen off, what is the solution ?
Will it need paint ? Because I don’t like that black rubber . And none of the other pearl whites have this and then if the guy is trying to get top dollar why not fix this (paint it) I’ve never seen it before on no pearl whites before...

2nd issue : it has a “72” number in the engine bay ! What the hell does that mean ?

please look at the pictures guys and tell me what you think

and lastly, what offer ? I was think 23k

it’s been sitting there a while, so a lot of folks have passed up on it, which makes me leery and think something is wrong with it.

will I need a Lexus inspection ??

I await for your thoughts my friends !!

Are....you serious? You are complaining about how hard it is to find what you are looking for...then find a “real contender”.

and you want to offer 14% less than asking price?

Cmon man....

by the way, if I were in the market for one then I would just poach threads like this one where people post good finds and the “potential buyer” drags their feet.

Are....you serious? You are complaining about how hard it is to find what you are looking for...then find a “real contender”.

and you want to offer 14% less than asking price?

Cmon man....

by the way, if I were in the market for one then I would just poach threads like this one where people post good finds and the “potential buyer” drags their feet.

Based on the way this ad was written the $23K offer will not fly. This dude thinks he has the greatest vehicle ever built and will likely be insulted by such an offer. He probably thinks his $27K is the "starting" price, and expects you to offer more. Good luck but I smell a douche canoe seller - and I bet the dude bought it for like $8K three weeks ago.

What would be the best way for doing a pre inspection ?

1) @ Lexus dealership and how much cost usually ?

2) I think I’d be ok with giving 25k what do you guys think ??

Man that's a lot of money. Maybe the market is super scarce right now, but you're paying an awful high premium for the miles. I bet you could find something for $7-9k less that has closer to 150k miles. That said, I've been out of the market since I bought my 06' LX in February. Maybe prices have gone up? Don't know.

Labor is expensive in SF Bay Area the listing is in a more affluent area as well. My mechanic charges $150 an hour and specializes in Toyota/Lexus.
I would assume the inspection would take 1-2 hours so likely $200-300 at a dealer.

Tendering a lowball offer
AND
sweating the cost of a PPI.

This thread delivers!

It’s crazy the polarity within the members on this forum, some folks say I would be insane to pay that much for that car and other members think I should skip inspection and bow down, open my check book and give the guy the full 27k in a heart beat !

But I’ve noticed more Folks have said it’s too much I’d be paying and I’m insane ..

but here is what I think is the bottom line for me, can you get your money back ? And the answer is hell yes on these machines ! And frankly that’s all that matters ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom