N. Colorado/S. Wyoming Cruiser Club? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be at Wyotech actually.

Have you been there through the winter yet?
I went to WWC in Rock Springs and Green River.
No, and no idea what to expect.
What I expected to see in Colorado Springs when I moved there in 2017 (from GA) and what actually fell over the last 5 years was disappointing to say the least.
Hoping for some real snow here.

I live in the center of the State this last winter we had more then my Wife could stand. We are farther north then the Springs. I varies every year.

I-80 was closed most of the winter because of accidents and people ignoring the speed limits that are variable depending on conditions.

I could not make it to Rawlins when I need to get to I-80 and then it was iffy if I could get to Cheyenne.

I live in the center of the State this last winter we had more then my Wife could stand. We are farther north then the Springs. I varies every year.

I-80 was closed most of the winter because of accidents and people ignoring the speed limits that are variable depending on conditions.

I could not make it to Rawlins when I need to get to I-80 and then it was iffy if I could get to Cheyenne.
Ok...sounds exciting. :clap:

The Wife was home alone and got a lot of seat time in the JD moving snow. I got my Ram 3500 stuck once but was able to drive out. It has 35"s and it left an imprint of the bed in the snow. But I was able to get out with out getting out of the truck or help from the guy that brought the tractor back from the shop.

I got the tractor stuck 3 times one day and was pulled out by a Kubota twice the size of the my JD and then later I got stuck again and had to pull it out with the winch on the truck.
The Wife got it stuck so bad there was snow packed in the engine. She called a Friend that has a potato farm and he brought over one of his large tractor with rear duals to pull it out. We had some deep drifts around the house and propane tanks.

The 2 winters before it was in the 60s and the house got sand blasted. It can get very cold here and Laramie can get cold and windy we had a winter like when I was growing up or working at Jim Bridger Power Plant weeks of -40 or below.

Hey Sam, I'm also a recent (1 1/2 year) transplant to Laramie. If you want snow and cold then you will love it here.

Would be great to get together with local cruiser head and talk shop and runs in the local area. My 80 is in the shop currently but have a 200 series I am building this summer.

Hey everyone, Polly, baby Russell and I are moving back to the Thornton everyone from Bozeman and looking forward to getting out wheeling and camping with everyone again. If you see an 80 and Bobs 40 with Montana plates stop and say hello to us. Looking forward to being back after being gone for 6 years, crazy it's been that long!

-Johnny

PXL_20230526_195154933.jpg

PXL_20230518_022246452.jpg

The Wife was home alone and got a lot of seat time in the JD moving snow. I got my Ram 3500 stuck once but was able to drive out. It has 35"s and it left an imprint of the bed in the snow. But I was able to get out with out getting out of the truck or help from the guy that brought the tractor back from the shop.

I got the tractor stuck 3 times one day and was pulled out by a Kubota twice the size of the my JD and then later I got stuck again and had to pull it out with the winch on the truck.
The Wife got it stuck so bad there was snow packed in the engine. She called a Friend that has a potato farm and he brought over one of his large tractor with rear duals to pull it out. We had some deep drifts around the house and propane tanks.

The 2 winters before it was in the 60s and the house got sand blasted. It can get very cold here and Laramie can get cold and windy we had a winter like when I was growing up or working at Jim Bridger Power Plant weeks of -40 or below.
Sheeze. Yeah that sounds crazy.
Having now spent a couple weeks in Laramie...does it rain everyday all the time?? The hail is interesting...so long as it stays under 1/2". lol
Not against the rain per say...however in GA we'd go weeks at a time with gray skies. It starts to make one ill, were one to be so affected in such a way.
I'm liking the mild temps so far. Plus being June and I can still look to the horizon and see snow. Love it.
Your area, and the situations so described, sound like the perfect area - long from being found out and altered. 👍

Hey Sam, I'm also a recent (1 1/2 year) transplant to Laramie. If you want snow and cold then you will love it here.

Would be great to get together with local cruiser head and talk shop and runs in the local area. My 80 is in the shop currently but have a 200 series I am building this summer.
Hey there. Nice to meet you. lol
I'm all in for it. I know nothing of the area in terms of trails so happy to learn.
Building a 200 should be a proper humdinger of a time. That rig's a hoss. But gotta go easy on the IFS. lol
Does anyone shoot? Went to Mingles a couple nights ago. Nice place to relax and whack a sphere.

Went out today, West of Centennial, about the Ryan Park area. Was pulling out of Ryan Park Rd. and a group of Cruisers passed in front of me, headed 130W.
It was led by a gray/taupe 40 series and trailed by a faded red 60 series, with a couple of 60 series between.

Was that any of you guys here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom