N. Colorado/S. Wyoming Cruiser Club? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise said:
Sweet! I was hoping you'd be down w/ this!

Now where the F is Nick?

I'm F'n right here. :flipoff2: ;)

I'm all for it. Not a big fan of driving an hour and a half to meet at Stevenson's.:rolleyes: but I will do it.

What about....

Cowboy Cruisers (The Wyo guys would like this)

Greenie Cruisers (Again Wyo guys would understand)

Sheep Fxxxer Cruiser Club :D

Vlecro Glove Cruisers

TLCA Chapter?

What do you guys think about being a chapter of the TLCA?

What would be the pros and cons?

If we have 6 TLCA members, we can become a chapter. I am already TLCA, looks like MiniPigg has been at it longer than I have.

More on becoming a TLCA chapter: http://www.tlca.org/boardbylaws.html#sop

CHAPTERS

1. Minimum of six (6) individual TLCA members, in good standing, who are owner/operators may submit an application to be a Chapter.

2. Must submit bylaws for BOD approval prior to being voted upon for chapter membership.

3. Must submit a formal letter of application to the TLCA BOD.

4. Privileges of chapters:

a. Entitled to advertising privileges and discounts in the Toyota Trails.

b. Invited to all regularly scheduled BOD meetings.

c. Invited to participate in all TLCA hosted, sanctioned, Rally and Open events.

d. Entitled to one voting delegate at all TLCA BOD meetings.

e. Access to coverage by TLCA insurance.

f. Access to the Sponsoring of events by TLCA.

5. Chapter rosters may not exceed 30 percent associate/non Toyota membership. The associate/non Toyota membership may never constitute a quorum for any meeting.

6. All chapter members, i.e. Toyota owners, must join TLCA.

IMO, I wouldn't consider TLCA or other membership stuff until you've established a core group for a few months, at least....put it on the list of things for down the road, but let the club develop within itself first....

woody said:
IMO, I wouldn't consider TLCA or other membership stuff until you've established a core group for a few months, at least....put it on the list of things for down the road, but let the club develop within itself first....

Roger that!

this is a great idea,but like woody said u really need to let it grow first.we would need pres,vice pres.,secretary, ya know all that stuff first.so u would kinda have to see whos good at what.the good thing is u would start this with friends,or at least folks u know.
and from what ive seen of rising sun it takes money to hold a club together,or that could be just their setup.rising sun puts on events and runs and stuff.
either way im in.this actually makes me really happy cause im looking into moving up to the fort area and was hoping to be involved with a club of somesort.right on guys,let us know what goes down,and if i can help in any way.
shawn

yeah thats pretty sweet.y'all can set up runs and meets and stuff now.
is that the name of the club now?? co/wy cruiser club

PabloCruise said:
Alright, I think there is a critical mass out there to start a Cruiser Club for northern Colorado and southern Wyoming.

This idea started out in the 55 forum:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=63062

FJBen and I have managed to get out a few times for some runs this summer. It would be fun to form up a club and have some cool runs and events.

So far I have heard interest from FJBen (Greeley), Chalmic (Fort) and MiniPigg (Cheyenne). Razor? USMCruiser? ActionJackson? Who else would be down with this?

I'm in Ft. Collins and am currently a member of Rising Sun, but the drive to Denver is not always my cup of tea. Plus, it makes it hard to bring my 40 to meetings when I have to wind it up to 70 MPH for an hour to get there. I asked Rising Sun about starting a North chapter up here but there was little interest.

Obvious questions to answer:

-Who would like to get in on this?

-What to call the club?

-Where to meet?

-Should we be a TLCA chapter?

Let me know - this would kick a$$!!! :cheers:

Umm, as for a place to meet, you could meet at Stevinson Toyota West :flipoff2: Good luck guys. Now if we can get Colorado Land cruisers back in action we can start making a big Yota showing here in Colorado :beer:

TJ,
Count me in on the club.
Name.....always tough cause you are stuck with it.
Rocky Cruisers?
Give me a call this weekend and maybe we can check the timing & idle!

I just want to let everyone reading this thread know that TJ and I have been in contact about this, and you guys have my support. As TLCA Mountain/Central Individual Representative, part of my job is to help new TLCA chapters form. I have given TJ the same advice that Woody did, namely, get started on on your feet first, then we'll talk about TLCA chapter sanctioning.

I've been a Rising Sun member for over 6 years, and an officer for more than half that, so I am very loyal to Rising Sun. Yet at the same time, I do see the potential need for something up North for folks who otherwise wouldn't be in Rising Sun because of the long drive. I do want to make sure that if this new club gets started, that it doesn't suck too many Rising Sun members away, but at this point it looks like it might be just a hand full.

Good luck, and let me know what I can do to help out!

Happy cruisin'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom