My Ultraguage made me OCD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't realize how OCD/Paranoid I was until the display on my UltraGauge died yesterday :( Now I'm going nuts because I don't know my exact engine temperature :crybaby:

It's amazing how we baby these tanks :flipoff2: Need a new UltraGuage ASAP then I should really consider some therapy

Meanwhile....

Anyone else have their ultraguage die on them? just wondering what the life expectancy of these things are. I think I've had mine for about 5 years and then two weeks ago the display got garbled and was able to fix it by unplugging it for a bit but now the display is just dead.

Same here! Between the Ultragage and a blown head gasket, I became obsessed with how cool the motor runs. I've got it down to ~185-186 during normal driving. I haven't seen it go over 190 degrees since I did all of the work on the cooling system.

Anyone else have their ultraguage die on them? just wondering what the life expectancy of these things are. I think I've had mine for about 5 years and then two weeks ago the display got garbled and was able to fix it by unplugging it for a bit but now the display is just dead.

Mine died after 18 months. Wish there were a better solution.

I love my UG. I set my overheat warning at 200* and have yet to hear it beep following a complete system overhaul with the blue fan clutch. Heck, I consider 187* as suspicious given how cool it now runs. No problems with my display.

I got about 7 years out of mine and then the display gave up the ghost. I presume due to the heat cycles from living on my dashboard for 7 years in Idaho. Anyway, I haven't replaced it. I replaced my head gasket last year. I have a OBDII reader and app and I occasionally check the temps. But I've been a lot happier since I got rid of the scan gage and just drive the truck.

Ultra FTW-
Precision is yummy. Get another one

I got about 7 years out of mine and then the display gave up the ghost. I presume due to the heat cycles from living on my dashboard for 7 years in Idaho. Anyway, I haven't replaced it. I replaced my head gasket last year. I have a OBDII reader and app and I occasionally check the temps. But I've been a lot happier since I got rid of the scan gage and just drive the truck.

Turns out I got mine in August 2013, so I got a little over 4 years out of it. Mine also lives on the dash, so for the next one I'll keep a hand towel to throw over it when I'm parked.

It came in very handy a few years ago in the Outer Banks. We had an 8 mile drive on the beach to get anywhere from our rental in Carova. On the way back from dinner one night I must :rolleyes: have been driving too enthusiastically :hillbilly: , with a few miles left I glanced at my UG and saw 218* the grin on my face faded and so did the throttle. Luckily the truck cooled down as fast as my enthusiasm but if it wasn't for the UG i'd probably kept right on driving like an :censor: Cheap insurance, I'm definitely getting another one!

I had the EM v1.2, anyone have the MX version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom