My Troopy is killing me big time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From aside I have glow plug issues now seems I’m losing power on the way to starter.With the ignition on ,fully charge batteries (24vsystem) I checked everything seems fine and has 24.7 volt .Staring with lights,all dash works,******* back up camera even,also on main big wire on starter my voltmeter reads over 25v,all its lite up.But when crank it everything dims ,starter starting up like battery is low cracks it very slow till everything all the lights goes off.After that seconds later it’s all to normal ,my voltmeter inside the truck on the dash reads 24-24.7 .Brand new batteries also.Seems all the fuses are good.Would starter relay couse that? Or maybe the glow plug issue and now this are connected.Thanks you

Put a loadmeter and check the Voltage on the wire right at the starter as it's turned over.
Just to make sure full power is reaching the starter.

I don't want to get your hopes up but I had problem like that but more severe: starter seemed dead. I had 24V everywhere but nothing would work.
It turned out that one of the battery cables was so corroded up inside the connector that almost zero amps could get through. Potential/Voltage still showed nominal. Having a second person with an old-school test light revealed the problem.

Some good answers above-All good things to check- in addition, I would also suggest that 24.7 volts is a little under voltage. Two fully charged batteries should read at least 25.2 volts.
Brand new batteries can be faulty as well as old ones...

I agree with the grounds. I fought the starter for a while and it turned out my ground wire was corroded inside. New wire made all of the difference.

Replaced all the ground wires today ,did manage get the power back on busbar and glow plugs no idea if they heat up or not ,not enough time today (26-27 volts - freshly charged batteries)Also manage to check voltage on starter main wire - when with the key only turn on 26-7 volts on the wire ,if trying to turn on the starter and crank the motor drops to 6-7 volts (?)

I don't understand that drop in voltage either but it seems to point at the starter.
In Sweden do they have shops that just do auto electrical stuff?

I had a starter tested in the car one time. Guy used an induction type of meter that required the main battery to starter cable to pass through a loop attached to the meter. It measured how many amps were passing through that wire.

I don't understand that drop in voltage either but it seems to point at the starter.
In Sweden do they have shops that just do auto electrical stuff?

I had a starter tested in the car one time. Guy used an induction type of meter that required the main battery to starter cable to pass through a loop attached to the meter. It measured how many amps were passing through that wire.
No one want touch the cruisers here in SE haha. Yea, Gonna have to ask around

Was thinking Say I run another wire straight from battery to starter undoing the original one ,what worst could happen?euidher same think drop the voltage or crank it ,or burn the hell out of it?

Whitey45 has a good idea.
Ive done that with a jumper cable before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom