My Orion needs a skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a skid plate to protect my new Orion. I see Iron pig has one but I'm not sure if it's going to fit either because of my exhaust. Does anyone have pictures or suggestions?

Thanks in advance, SP

I bought the Iron Pig and am very happy with it, but I haven't re-routed my exhaust inside of it yet. Wheeled it in Canyonlands and Hidden Falls so far. Good protection, easily clears the Orion. I'm on business with my 40 and could probably take a picture of it on if you want.

Hi All:

Have you spoken with the Lance or Cam @ Iron Pig OR about clearance of their skid plate with your (custom?) exhaust? My understanding is the IPOR skid is designed to accommodate custom drive trains.

Yo could find a local fabricator (try looking on NW-Wheelers.com for leads) to build you a custom skid plate.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

-Alan

I haven't talked to anyone at Iron Pig yet. It just looked kind of generic to me but maybe they can fit it to my rig. I really like that one that Bsevans has on his truck. Maybe they can do something similar.

Peesalot, Thanks for the tip. Sent him a PM.

When I was in Virginia last month, I visited Iron Pig, and Cam showed me the IPOR skidplate, and specifically told me that it was designed with enough clearance to clear the Orion. IOW, heard from the horse's mouth!

OTOH, I am also a great fan of FC187s work, and I made a homebrew copy of one of FC's halo-based skidplates to protect my Orion. He has wicked fab skilz. I liked the idea of having protection ONLY where you need it, letting more air circulate everywhere else.

Best

Mark A.

It's not as heavy duty as the IP plate but I used an oem skid plate on my 74 after installing the Orion, fits perfectly.

This is what I built when I was still using a cruiser case.

skid.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom